1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some help with my WordPress site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by scobb77, Apr 9, 2020.

First off, I’m sure that I screwed this up but not sure how. None of the pictures in my media library are showing. Here is how it looks
    [​IMG]
    if I load a new picture, it loads the same as the others already loaded. If I place any of the pictures into a post, the picture won’t show up. Yesterday I loaded a plugin, WP Rocket, could that have created this problem? I deactivated it but no changes in my media gallery. If I edit the picture, it shows up until I save it back to the gallery, then it’s just like it was before.
    Any thoughts? Website is https://upsidedownfrown.blog.

scobb77, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have errors in both your embedded css and in your html markup. For example, you have duplicate IDs on your thumbnails (not fatal, but...). You also have multiple unclosed elements (can be fatal).

Fix these errors before proceeding....

gary

kk5st, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  3. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gary this is not a HTML website lol. Most people that use WordPress don't touch the markup lol. Anyways to start it could be a screw up in the link structure. The best way to test this is go to setting and permalinks and just click post name and save it and see if it fixes the problem.

Web_Dev_Chris, May 6, 2020 IP
  4. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en-US" class="no-js">
    Code (markup):
    g

kk5st, May 6, 2020 IP
  5. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is but that’s not quite what I meant. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go in and start h@cking the theme file as it will create more problems and probably break his site.

Web_Dev_Chris, May 6, 2020 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's already huffing broken because it has broken gibberish markup -- to the point of being WORSE than turdpress usually is.

Saying "it's not HTML, it's Wordpress" shows a complete ignorance of what turdpress is and what it outputs, and they damned well better fix those problems before they create MORE problems. Poor sod will spend the next year playing whack-a-mole because of it.

deathshadow, May 7, 2020 IP