1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Selecting eCommerce Platform

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by bdevin01, Apr 21, 2020.

I want to start an eCommerce website, and am trying to find the right platform. Some important criteria are:

- Relatively low cost
    - SFTP access to server
    - The ability to restrict webroot subdirectory access behind a paywall (not just database entries, like pages or posts in WP)

What I want to do is provide subscription access to GIS applications I've created using the ArcGIS WebAppBuilder. The apps are deployed to my webserver simply by uploading them. A user can access them by pointing the browser to the webroot subdirectory address of the folder in which the app's files are located. That's why WP/WooCommerce doesn't seem to be a viable solution. All of their plugins seem exclusively focused on protecting pages & posts.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

bdevin01, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  2. Dasha Monastyrskaya

Dasha Monastyrskaya Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably, Zen Cart could be an option. I've seen this overview of its features recently https://belvg.com/blog/magento-vs-zen-cart.html Do not pay attention to Magento there, it does not seen a right choice for you if you look for the lower cost. But actually I would say it also highly depends on the area where your company operates and market that you target.

Dasha Monastyrskaya, May 5, 2020 IP
  3. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Brian123, May 6, 2020 IP
  4. OT Commerce

OT Commerce Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that Shopify is a very good site design. It has beautiful templates, quite simple instructions and very wide functionality.

OT Commerce, May 6, 2020 IP