1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Change Frequency - Daily Vs Weekly

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by juz4dafunofit, Oct 31, 2008.

Hi All,

Recently I changed my sitemap change frequency to daily from weekly. Im not sure if this will affect my rankings at all. I know ill be spidered everyday but my content doesn't change every day. Could this have an adverse affect on my rankings and would a weekly frequency be more suitable?

Thanks

J

juz4dafunofit, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. gbh1935

gbh1935 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is a "hint" to the search engine, not a command. I have never heard of any adverse effects from setting it to a realistic amount.

gbh1935, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. Stranger12

Stranger12 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, it's right... in my case no difference too

Stranger12, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. yelirekim

yelirekim Peon

Best Answers:
    While the frequency of the page changing doesn't usually have an effect on Google indexing your content, the actual frequency that you change you content with matching up with those values does.

You should just try to think about how often the content changes for any given page, and the sitemap should reflect that, it's not anything ultra complicated. Google just looks to see if your content is changing at the frequency you are claiming it does.

yelirekim, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. johnsunvalley

johnsunvalley Banned

Best Answers:
    according to your new content, just weekly.

johnsunvalley, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. helioworld

helioworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. u should use weekly frequency. If u update ur pages daily then u can use daily

helioworld, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  7. silver-ok

silver-ok Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think tha has an effect on Google and indexing of your content. I tryed to do it a year ago with my sites, but there were no results

silver-ok, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  8. tata_capl

tata_capl Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think ranking has to do anything with. IMO

tata_capl, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  9. allaboutdaycare

allaboutdaycare Peon

Best Answers:
    Does the change frequency have any impact on how many links google indexes when it visits? So basically I am thinking that if currently your frequency is set to daily, but you set it to monthly (assuming your content changes monthly), than google will skip the pages it indexed less than a month ago and proceed to index more pages. I currently have a large amount of indexed pages (over 100k) and trying to get google to index them all. Wondering if setting the change frequency will help me get more pages indexed.AllAboutDaycare

allaboutdaycare, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  10. mit.kamal

mit.kamal Peon

Best Answers:
    Its according to You if u Change your site content then u can set it daily other wise weekly.weekly is good for site.

mit.kamal, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  11. ketpr

ketpr Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anybody tell me how to change a site map?

ketpr, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  12. rajuginne

rajuginne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google sitemaps have an ‘Update Frequency’ (Change Frequency) parameter that informs GoogleBot how often a web page is updated. For example, a blog homepage may be updated as often as ‘Daily’ while the individual blog post entries are basically ‘Never’ updated. Setting the Update Frequency of the links in a Google sitemap correctly is critical for search engine optimization (SEO).

make sure you keep your Update Frequency for individual posts (that do not change significantly) to ‘Never’ or, at most, ‘Yearly’. Based on our experience, I recommend you set this to ‘Never’ for large sites (blogs, forums) with hundreds of thousands of posts (pages) that rarely, if ever, change.

rajuginne, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  13. testseo

testseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    we added daily change frequency in sitemap xml file but we change our urls not daily may be in a month or weekly . Please suggest me if I am gonna add daily change frequency than it will any impact on ranking?

testseo, Jul 25, 2019 IP
  14. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Consider Google has a crawl budget for your website. Using appropriate scores for priority and change frequency will increase likely hood of Google crawling/refreshing your most important pages in a timely manner

websitetools, May 1, 2020 IP
  15. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Priority XML sitemap tag is useful, although not quite as important. It is set to a number ranging from zero to one; if no number is assigned, a page’s priority is usually set to 0.5, however, this may vary depending on your exact site and plugin. A high priority page may be indexed more often and/or appear above other pages from the same site in search results.

Here are some examples of different types of pages and how their Priority sitemap XML tag value might be set, depending upon how important they are…

• 0.8-1.0: Homepage, subdomains, product info, major features, major category pages.
    • 0.4-0.7: Articles and blog entries, minor category pages, sub-category pages, FAQs
    • 0.0-0.3: Outdated news, info that has become irrelevant
    I hope this info will clear your doughts ..

:) :p

MayurKawale, Nov 6, 2020 IP