1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you say about the new fork of PopcornTime?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by t33p, Apr 13, 2020.

Hello,

What do you say about the new fork of PopcornTime?
    He appears again in different versions, like Pirate Bay, :rolleyes: now this is a streaming video portal ;) it is a website that allows users to watch their favorite movies online absolutely free, without having to download them or subscribe to them.

I want to know your opinion about this popular application for watching Movies and TV Shows, Thank you!

t33p, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    For me, with our local regulations, it'd be the quickest way to get blacklisted and never have an internet account again.

sarahk, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  3. t33p

t33p Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What is the blacklist? what is this about? :confused:
    I want to know how you get new Movies and TV series on the Internet for free?

t33p, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The blacklist means an ISP (internet service provider) can sell me internet access if I've been found to be stealing intellectual property - primarily movies and tv shows.

The spotlight has been put on my country, NZ, because the owner of the Mega sites is hiding out here and fighting extradition.

Instead, I can pay $20 a month to Netflix, or $10 to Disney, as well as watching our pretty good free to air tv channels and avoid the stress. $20 buys about 4 coffees, I pay well over $100 for a tank of gas. It's worth it.

sarahk, Apr 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. t33p

t33p Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, now I understand what you mean, but such streaming video sites work exclusively as link aggregators, and do not store any copyrighted content on their servers, and what can infringe you as a user of such a streaming service from a legal point of view? You also do not use YouTube in your country, since that guy under the name Kim Dotcom once made Mega file exchanger?

And yes, another question, why do you need gasoline for today? :D

t33p, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're new to internet stuff, right? Open up developer tools, go to network, start streaming a movie. If the stream shows your website name then you're in trouble, but it probably shows the host website. Either way, it won't take a forensic team long to suss it out.

We were hounded by Getty images for an image sourced elsewhere & used on a low traffic site. It was years after we'd used it but we eventually came to the top of the pile and had to negotiate hard to get the penalties down. I'm anticipating the IP prosecutions will happen long after the offence when something triggers an audit of a group of ISP accounts and people get caught up in a bigger problem.

If a site has mega in the URL you definitely won't check it out.

I'm not an essential worker but plenty of people are and use cars to get to work. The point was to give you an indication of the value of $20 in my currency.

sarahk, Apr 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. t33p

t33p Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not new to the Internet, and just the video stream comes from a third-party service, what could be the legal consequences if you only store links to these videos? :oops:

t33p, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't know Russian law but you would do well to consult with an actual lawyer, show them your business plan. It might be that your revenue far outstrips the legal fees from challenges in which case go for it. The copyright holder doesn't have to win the lawsuit btw, they may be happy enough just to bankrupt you.

sarahk, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am still trying to figure out if you are thinking of starting some sort of business involving video streaming or if you just want to watch movies and TV for free?

jrbiz, Apr 16, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sounds like he wants to set up a site, or else getpopcorntime is his and he's trying to subtly promote it.

sarahk, Apr 16, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  11. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know that you are trying to stay on the legal side but the app is not legal in any way. Anyone that streams movies for free on the web is doing an illegal thing. People worked hard to make that movie and people are watching it for free. Whether you download it or just watch it online does not make a difference. If you want movies and series then use these two sites. Movieminons and f2movies.

Gardahn, Apr 25, 2020 IP
  12. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have tried popcorntime before. I cam across it in the past on google. I have to admit that I did not like it. The app is just advertising its couterpart which is a vpn application. Some movies wont even play unless you have the vpn that they recommend. The app also hangs and crashes at times which I found very annoying.

Terem123, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  13. t33p

t33p Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In this topic, we do not discuss the applications of Time Popcorn applications; they are really not very convenient.

t33p, May 2, 2020 IP
  14. Mattlebl

Mattlebl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Where can I download a free VPN service?

Mattlebl, May 6, 2020 IP