1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

COVID-19 affecting online community

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WerkingForce, Apr 2, 2020.

The COVID-19 virus has economically crippled many industries, dropshipping and e-commerce is not immune. My web site like many others are experiencing the same issues, what are some alternatives to do in the meantime any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

WerkingForce, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  2. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, It is affecting the whole world. Due to this pandemic, people seize their purchasing powers and hence we see a slow down in every business including online business.

iwebsocial, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    • Lots of training sites like coursera have dropped their fees so it's a great time to get a new skill
    • review your marketing plans, have you been following them, how have your competitors adapted, how do you see things going forward.
    • cut your expenses - should you be advertising? can you afford to lose brand awareness?
    I've seen some great social media posts about how "working from home" isn't the same as "working from home in a pandemic" - take some time out to relax, go for a walk (if you can)

sarahk, Apr 3, 2020 IP
    JEET and jrbiz like this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Don't sit and wait for the situation to improve (especially if you desperately need an income). At 19 you can get hired at almost anywhere. Grocery stores, UPS, pizza places, lawn care services (if you're in the South as I am) are all hiring - now more than ever. Of course if you're concerned that you may get the virus and your immune system is not all that great, then no. Otherwise, make a few phone calls.

qwikad.com, Apr 3, 2020 IP
    JEET and jrbiz like this.
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i am also affected and it will feel in my tranzactions etc as i see only clicks but no sales at all ,for sure this its the effect of corona

Spartan14, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This unnatural and unprecedented economic slowdown that governments are imposing due to the flu, are causing some strange situations that you have to navigate. E.g., I sell into the healthcare market, for one. Because hospitals are no longer doing elective surgeries, the surgery equipment and supplies vendors are basically as shut down as the restaurants are. The folks that make masks and gloves, of course, are going stronger than ever. Essential services companies are still going strong. Other than grocery/pharmacy, retail is dead. It's an artificial, patchwork economy that, quite honestly, might have long term negative effects if we continue it much longer.

You need to figure out who and what is still doing business and find a way to either work for them or with them to get income coming in.

jrbiz, Apr 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Takeaways and lawn care are essential services?

We should be so lucky.

Stacking shelves would be the easiest to get into. I did that for a while after uni and it was way more fun than you'd expect.

sarahk, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  8. WerkingForce

WerkingForce Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you mean and you're right, I was thinking about this the other day but I thought their would be one thing that is still in demand. It makes sense tho I agree.

WerkingForce, Apr 4, 2020 IP
  9. WerkingForce

WerkingForce Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll definitely look into your last two ideas cause you have a great point. Thanks a lot man! That should help me get through this!

10. WerkingForce

WerkingForce Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm up in the midwest and the only places hiring up here are large retail stores. You're definitely right though people shouldn't be sitting around for this to end because you're wasting more time and money. The right thing to do, at least up here, is to move online and see what opportunities you can find with freelancing

11. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course it's affecting it all in a very very negative way anyway for many many reasons entirely and absolutely. I have it all on my Amazon websites and all other affiliate programs ones, I do hope situation will fix itself close to the summer if all will be well.

Terem123, Apr 18, 2020 IP
  12. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    “Big shifts in stock markets, Oil hits record low, In the US the number of people filing for unemployment hit a record high, Companies stopped hiring” The Covid-19 pandemic has brought a huge downturn on the global market along with its large number of victims. Next to Suffer might be the advertisement Industry.

Some corners of the industry are likely to be hammered by the spread of the Covid-19. Paid advertisement Sector is expected to have a hit amid this Coronavirus Outbreak. Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said “This is not going to business as usual, and the marketing industry is certainly going to see a real impact. I don’t think anyone knows how big. So we’re going to watch and look.” NY Times made a filing in which it said that ad revenue would be down about 10% this quarter. Analysts said they expect to see Facebook’s ad business take a hit in the near-term. Companies stopped hiring, conferences, etc. and reporting it as an earnings risk. These might extend to Digital Marketing companies.

However, this hard time where most of the people are under Lockdown or Quarantine is likely to bring high engagement and user activity in Social Media and Youtube. “Any time people are at home, there’s a chance their video consumption is going to go up.”- Steve Nason. It is the perfect time to optimise our Digital Marketing Campaigns. Direct your marketing budgets to more effective channels like SEO, influencer marketing, etc. Fixing your website; make it more user friendly, Working on your SEO, Optimizing your campaigns, focusing more on SMM, video marketing, educating your audience about Covid-19 and it’s safety measures, etc would be the best strategy to navigate your Digital Marketing Campaign.

This too shall pass! Let’s all stay at our homes and win the war together against Coronavirus!

Ann Joseph, Apr 18, 2020 IP
  13. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sad the way things are for the world.

The thing you should be asking yourself is –

What can you do?

Or – what can you train yourself to do –

And earn money from home!

vna1611, Apr 20, 2020 IP
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Ann Joseph and Sarahk and Qwickad
    Don't sit and wait for this to end, explore your options.
    Use the time to improve on your existing business, your video channels, your seo, social media presence.

JEET, Apr 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont think there isn't any industry that hasn't been effected by the pandemic unless you are a business owner of any cleaning FMCG. What you can do is improve the site, build a YT channel, go on more channels. Try doing more work but within your industry. Explore the possibilities of expanding your overall marketing strategy (not talking about inorganic here).

LadyStarc, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  16. Jason Frank

Jason Frank Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think that you can't allot but to advertise it more :(

Jason Frank, May 6, 2020 IP
  17. bvss12

bvss12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This virus has taught me a lot about human panic and fear. The vulnerability of people to a fearful virus often leads them to harbor blame and anger. Like many epidemics in the past, such as ebola and the Spanish flu, the origins of epidemics cause tense, racially charged discussions, despite the fact that diseases do not discriminate. People who have never even been to Wuhan or China experience discrimination and bias at the hands of those motivated by fear. Violent attacks have been reported around the world, and people are no longer safe, perhaps even in towns they have lived in their entire lives.

bvss12, May 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, there is a local business that has opened its doors and is making money hand over fist: we have an old-fashioned, Drive-In Movie Theater a few towns away. They normally open for the "Summer" season in April and just did so now as RI is in Phase 1 re-opening. They sold out their tickets for all shows for all of the first weekend in the days prior to the actual shows. They look to be busy all season long. Great business to have, right now.

jrbiz, May 17, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is this online genius who has been making custom designer masks. Every color of the rainbow and made to order. The only problem that he is having is that he simply cannot keep up with the demand, and is hopelessly back logged despite hiring extra staff and working 24/7.

Spoiltdiva, May 17, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think that his business has legs? Or will this be a quick hit for him that fades away?

jrbiz, May 17, 2020 IP