1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Content

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Linen & Myrrh, Apr 5, 2020.

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to website development, and I have a quick question about content on my website.
    I have a website for my interior decorating company, and I sell a few home decor items through an online store on the same website.
    I have about 500 cooking recipes laying around from when I was a head chef, I want to add these recipes to my interior decorating website as an extra source of generating organic traffic. My questions is, would adding this amount of content not related to interior decor negatively effect my interior decorating traffic?

Thank you in advance!

Linen & Myrrh, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  2. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is really a question of what do you want to be noticed by Google and other Search Engines. If you are trying to rank for interior decorating, I would focus your energies on interior decorating content on that domain. But the 500 cooking recipes are definitely an asset. Personally I would put them on a website of their own and somehow monetize them. I would also scan them all in bulk, then use a pdf program to extract the text, or convert it to text so that I can easily cut and paste all of the recipes vs having to re-type everything from scratch.

...Just my 2 cents.

IanT, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  3. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    It's important you pick a niche and then stick to it with the content of your website. I think personally not only will search engines get confused and affect your SEO greatly, you are more likely going to confuse any potential organic traffic that does come knocking on your website door. I would stick to one and create another website relating to food, cooking, recipes etc.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 29, 2021 IP