1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programming Friends: I Need Your Advice!

Discussion in 'Programming' started by junior777, Apr 9, 2020.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question that's been gnawing at me for quite some time now. As of right now, I'm currently enrolled in school for Information Technology.

However, I'm not sure if I should change my major based on what it is I really want to do.

Many of you I'm sure are familiar with different tools like ClickFunnels, OptmizePress, Lead Pages, and things of that nature.

This is along the lines of what I'd like to be able to create. TOOLS, that I can sell and earn a recurring income.

Another thing I want to learn how to do is create my own referral programs. Example, I have a home based business. You join, sign up, and get access to a back office. That back office offers you statistics on your business. Things like leads generated, sales brought in, referral links etc.
    This would be a replicating site, as each new member's site would look the same but provide individual tracking that goes back to them.

---------

Now based on what I've said thus far, do you think me switching my degree program over to Web Development would get it done, or are these skills more along the lines of Computer Science?

If I could afford to outsource it I would. But I figure learning how to do it myself would be invaluable for a multitude of reasons.

junior777, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What you want to do web based is quite easy to do. I won't be switching a degree IT course to learn this...
    Complete your degree course, then give a couple of days to learn some PHP and MYSQL database coding (lots of free tutorial sites online), and am pretty sure that you will be able to get this up and running in no time.

I had something similar going 10 years back, but for a hosting company.
    Similar looking sites were created for affiliates who wanted to resell hosting, sometimes on their own domain, sometimes on a subdomain of the main site.
    All it took was little bit of PHP and MYSQL work, nothing else...

JEET, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. junior777

junior777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you think I should stick with IT and then just add on some coding experience then?

junior777, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.
    By the way, I don't know much about USA education system, major minor etc.
    If you want or can, why not take web coding as a minor subject?

JEET, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  5. loki781

loki781 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can learn how to program in your spare time, Learn Javascript/NodeJS and you can create such applications.

loki781, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    junior777 likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    stick with IT, get a real IT job and build those tools in your spare time. You have more of it than you realise.

sarahk, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    junior777 and JEET like this.