1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I write a contract for a joint venture ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by seobeginner, Apr 9, 2020.

Me and a friend are creating an app that will also have a website. How do I write a contract whereby we own everything equally and can't sell anything or use designs/ideas on another site unless we both agree ? The domain is in my name currently is there any way where you can set it up that you both have to approve a nameserver change or it's sale?

seobeginner, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Talk to a real lawyer and get it done properly.
    Quickest way to end a friendship is by having unclear boundaries.

sarahk, Apr 9, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Let me also point out that the worst thing you can do is to have friends/partners that have equal ownership and authority over a business. What happens, e.g., if you want to change the nameserver and your partner does not? The naysayer always wins in this situation because you cannot do anything without both being on board. That sounds great to two friends, right now, but is a recipe for failure once the business gets going and decisions, good or bad, need to be made all of the time. One way around this, is for both of you to agree on a third party (perhaps your lawyer or your accountant or some other third party professional) to be the third vote on any important matters, but that can also get ugly, because that person can end up running the company.

My suggestion is that you decide who is leading this effort and give that person 51% ownership and the ability to make all final decisions. You will not be sitting around the campfire singing kumbaya with your friend, etc., but you will be better positioned to grow a successful business.

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP