1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rewiews my web site www.tiredfox.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ugurkiraz, Apr 1, 2020.

Hello everyone!
    Please reviews my new web site i need your comments best regards!
    web site : www.tiredfox.com

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    ugurkiraz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    tiredfox.com

I'd be interested to see your business plan. It looks exactly like so many other MFA sites that roll through this forum. A waste of time and energy. I might be wrong, but you need to be more than a rehashing of a tired format.

sarahk, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  3. ugurkiraz

ugurkiraz Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks

ugurkiraz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  4. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rude and useless post. Why don't you give up posting here now?

As for the site, as @sarahk mentioned above, there are myriads of site like that one; you will have to work hard to stay afloat. Difficult, but not impossible, everyone had to start from the scratch at one point in time. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; second best time is now; so, if you have time, resources and motivation to run this site, keep it up! Your best friend at the moment is current situation - people in isolation have more time for easy and interesting articles to read, so if I would not spend 1 minute in your site last year, I would spend half of hour now.

As for the site itself, here are my comments:

Theme layout is boxed, so in wide screen, there is almost more empty space on left and right side of the content than the content itself. The content should be fluid, or at least wider than it is now.

Mobile theme works fine, but top menu dissapears (the one with Privacy Policy, Advertisement, Site Map, Contact and language selection); I don't know if it is intentional or not, but those links are not available on mobile - or at least I don't see them. I know some themes have that bahaviour. You could put that menu in sidebar.

I also don't like behaviour of main menu in mobile; once you open it, it slides from the left, occupies some 80% of the screen, and can be closed only by X button on its top right corner. That X button is not really visible, so at first I struggled to close the menu by clicking on that tiny strip of content that remains visible or to slide it back to the left. If you click a link on that visible stripe of the content, it closes menu and goes to that link. Furthermore, main menu on mobile has black background that extends all the way down to the page, below menu content, so you actually get 80% of the black screen and 20% of unusable content. When I find my way to closing the menu, top addvertisement looks out of place, see attached screenshots. In Russian language, main menu items are too long, so last item, "Vehicles", extends to second row, which looks ugly. To cut a long story short, I don't really like that menu, or maybe the entire theme itself...

Untill you get some following, you should be carefull with advertisement; sites are so crowded with adds nowadays, so I believe that average visitor, including me, gets easliy annoyed with them, especially when they are mixed with the content. My recommendation is to limit adds to footer only in this phase.

Sticky sidebar looks nice; you may add some more content there, another menu so it's available when main menu scrolls out of site, some feed from Instagram, Twitter, etc., instead only buttons, maybe newsletter subscription, etc., I don't know...

Tags, you seem to have wrong use of tags; you have a lot of tags that consist of entire article title, such as "12 Amazing Balloon Sculptures By Masayoshi Matsumoto" or "12 Photo Manipulations by Erik Johansson"; those are not tags, tags would be "balloon", "scultpure", "Masayoshi Matsumoto", "Photo manipulations", "Erik Johansson", etc.

Favicon has distinctive orange colour, which makes it stand out when many tabs are open in the browser; but still, it could be better - white stick inside the favicon is not really related to the site, you could do better. I like the logo, try to incorporate it into favicon.

Contact page advises visitor to either send e-mail or to contact you via social fan pages; in my eyes, it is wrong; if I visit Contact page, I expect contact form, to fill in and send immediatelly; I don't want to dabble with copying mail address and going to mail, or visiting facebook or whatever. You should have plain contact form here, and you may provide these alterantives below the contact form.

In footer, you have social icons, and then text "Follow us on"; it should be more logical to have first text and then icons, in my book at least.

I don't like "Check also" which pops-up when you get close to the end of the article; there is already sidebar with recent and popular posts, there is "related articles" beneath the article, there is footer with that same content, so "Check also" pop-up is just a distraction. It makes sense for newsletter subscription, but just for another random post, no.

That's it... :)

Attached Files:

Saputnik, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for me seems ok as you have a lot of posts but you plan to menetize this site ? I think an about us page will help you as they will make people its someone behind the site and also a pop up to capture emails will be helpful

Spartan14, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  6. ugurkiraz

ugurkiraz Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks all for comments.

ugurkiraz, Apr 12, 2020 IP