1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The operative words here are "good citizen" which are probably not in this poster's vocabulary.

jrbiz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As you all know the New York Stock Exchange is shut down due to the virus. The agents are now doing their buying/selling from home, but oddly enough they are all wearing tinfoil hats. They never used to on the floor of the NYSE....... What does this all mean? :confused:

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    They obviously view the tinfoil hats (note that our Special Deluxe Predictive Tinfoil Hats help you pick great stocks, too) as a competitive advantage and wanted to hide it from their colleagues on the Floor.

jrbiz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Haaaaaa! ha*ha!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points.

I was thinking those numbers were probably exaggerated.

JoeSpirit, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem I see right now is the fact that younger people aren't taking the isolation thing seriously.

I heard one person say something to the effect that the virus situation doesn't bother her. Well, maybe she's healthy enough that she needn't be concerned for her personal safety but what about the potential of being a carrier to other people. Obviously she doesn't care about that either.

I consider myself to be very healthy but age-wise I'm in a position to be some concerned. So in some ways, this person running around with no attempt at protection could potentially be threatening my life.

Wonder if I could force her to start wearing a tinfoil hat???

Oh, right, you can't fix stupid...

Spoiltdiva and jrbiz like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have been stunned, once again, by the desperation of the Left and the Fake News media. I have been waiting since Monday for reports coming out of NYC (a clear virus hotspot) regarding hydroxychloroquine, since it has been authorized for widespread use by the FDA on Sunday night. I know that it's only been three days, but given the reports of fast turnarounds in the health of the sickest patients, I thought that I would start hearing early news of its effectiveness from the 10,000 doses that were sent to NYC, according to reports.

However, this morning I just learned that the state of NY has banned all use of hydroxychloroquine for treatment of the virus by any doctor in the state! What?!?! Why wouldn't NY give dying patients a chance with a drug that is clearly not dangerous (having been prescribed for years for malaria and other maladies?) The only conclusion that I can reach is that Gov. Cuomo, much like the fake news, the Left and the Swamp, is against anything that Trump suggests might be good. To hell with the sick citizens, let's continue the mantra that Trump Bad and not give Trump any sort of victory on any subject. Big risk for the NY governor because the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine will come out one way or the other; other states will not be so stupid to prevent doctors from treating patients as they see fit, especially in light of the recent FDA ruling. If it is proven (as most anecdotal evidence and preliminary studies are indicating) that hydroxychloroquine is a really good therapeutic for the virus and that Cuomo stopping its use allowed thousands of people to die. it is the end of his political career and rightfully so. I am still stunned that I am even writing this.

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Uh, population control???

I gotta agree. This does sound like political suicide.

Who was the NYC mayor that banned the oversized drinking cups a few years back? New York seems to be beyond the realm of reality.

jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That was Mini-Mike Doomberg, the Republican/Independent/Democrat sleazebag billionaire.

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The Grand Wizard of the KKK (Klu Klux Klan) is threatening to sue the @jrbiz empire for stealing their fashion design. They are claiming that the shape of the tinfoil hats are very similar to their clan hoods.
    When you make it big they will always come after you.:confused: *especially when big $$$ is involved

Spoiltdiva, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JoeSpirit like this.
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Very true.

Actually, I believe that the number of enemies you make is directly proportional to the level of success you reach.

jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Any similarity, is pure coincidence and, beyond that, "fashion design" is in the eyes of the beholder. We have also received complaints from the makers of yarmulkes, cowboy hats, and motorcycle helmets claiming infringement. Of course, this just means that everyone is hoping that they at least slightly resemble our avant garde designs.

We have a hat for that. The very popular Limited Edition Anti-Enemy Tinfoil Hat prevents most people from becoming your enemy and also makes you invisible to those few who were already your enemy before you bought the hat.

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Florida will be on lockdown statewide for the next 30 days starting at midnight today. The governor finally decided it was time.

Just listened to Mr. Putin, Russia will be on lockdown till the end of April. If the pragmatic Russians are doing this then it's truly bad.

Nobody is denying that it's serious, but I think it's even more serious than what we used to think it was. Imagine if all the kids that are safely home now were still at the schools, colleges, day cares and so on. The stupid thing spreads like wildfire.

qwikad.com, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Even the pope seems to be getting in on the act. Today from his virtual Vatican balcony (he is social distancing) he made a joke about your tinfoil hats, ....."copying a design from the papal hats that has been around for hundreds of years". I honestly assumed that the pope would have been above petty jealousy.

15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is supposed to be hush-hush, but it turns out that he is a customer, too. He has been using our Anti-Demonic Tinfoil Hats for years.

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Pretty pissed off that some not-so-minority groups are continuing to have their cultural groups while the rest of us angst about how bad it'll be if covid19 takes off in their home countries.

https://www.apna990.com/auckland-kava-drinking-groups-continue-to-meetup-during-lockdown/

From what we see on our local media it looks like the city folk are taking this seriously while in the small towns they think they're bullet proof. The ray of hope are the tiny towns that have been cordoned off and are taking vigilante-style policing of the cordons.

Then we have our family practitioner clinics complaining that they're not getting enough bookings for zoom appointments - because it feels petty af to whinge about a wee thing when thousands are dying.

sarahk, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    wi
    Couple of comments: I have been thinking a lot lately at how grateful I am that our food producers in the vast American farmlands are socially isolated, generally speaking, and also not running around in terror like some of the idiots in masks and worse that I have witnessed lately. If the farmers start panicking or getting sick in large numbers and the food supply is threatened, just think what the crazed toilet paper hoarders will be doing with anything edible. It will be ugly. @malky66 might be forced to bathe in Moet, instead of Dom Perignon, for instance.

On another note, our esteemed governor in RI issued an order a few days ago that caused our state troopers to stop any car crossing the Connecticut border into Rhode Island if they had New York license plates. This was to not only inform the NYers that they had to quarantine for 14 days if they were staying in RI but also to get the address the visitors are staying at so law enforcement could check to be sure! :rolleyes: It took her and her advisors a couple of days after the decree to learn that such activities not only raise illegal search and seizure issues but also violate a number of federal interstate laws. NY threatened to sue and the RIers folded faster than a cheap tent. Scary to see what politicians will do in when they have an emergency as a fig leaf.

Beyond that nutso over-reaction, how about the petition going around Cape Cod to shut traffic on the only two bridges connecting the Cape with the mainland. The natives do not want Covid-19 tourists from NY to continue showing up in droves which apparently is happening. Crazy times.

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As most of you are aware, V.P. Pence is head of the Tinfoil Hat Task Force. At todays Whitehouse briefing he said, "The president is committed to ensuring that every American has access to a tinfoil hat. Those who have recently been laid off or lost their jobs through no fault of their own, will receive compensation for the price of a tinfoil hat". "No American should be forced to go around without one because of lack of funds due to this crisis".
    That is certainly good news and ought to go a long way to fighting this pandemic.

19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of makes you proud, doesn't it?

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2020 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The problem is that only an estimated 5-7% of Americans so far actually have one of the tinfoil hats. Governors blame the feds while the feds claim that the states ought to have stocked up on the hats prior to the pandemic.
    The governors say the problem is that they are all having to bid against each other for the hats. So many are saying that the Tinfoil Hat Task Force needs to step up and regulate the price of the hats and be the sole bidder.

jrbiz likes this.