1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do I need to know about copywriting?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Sergpop, Feb 7, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is a time and place for all types of copy, long, short, medium, etc. There are also a lot of buttons that can be pushed on the reader. It really depends on the audience and the goal of the piece. That is perhaps the most fascinating thing about copywriting: it can reflect the vast diversity of the human condition, IMO.

jrbiz, Feb 21, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and JEET like this.
  2. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Copywriting focuses on the art of selling with words, so you need to phrase your offers in an irresistible format. Apart from that, you need to know the basic AIDA formula:
    A=Attention: Grab your audience's attention
    I= Interest: Develop their interest by turning features into benefits
    D= Desire: By now, they should feel an urge to buy your product
    A= Action: The final leap aka them turning into reliable customers

Sam Sabir, Mar 4, 2020 IP
  3. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Copywriting involves a genuine interaction with your readers about relevant and helpful information using creative and direct approaches. Keep the SEO guidelines for writing content in mind so you can enhance the visibility of your content to the right audiences. Moreover, you will learn the more you write, so keep writing and keep checking the authenticity of your material with Yoast SEO or other similar tool and optimize it accordingly.

Sam Sabir, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me more about how SEO applies to copywriting (the act of presenting marketing messages to a potential customer). Are you saying that following SEO guidelines will serve to get more organic eyes on your sales piece? Or are you saying that it serves better to influence the buying decision?

JoeSpirit, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. kerlly Butler

kerlly Butler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for knowledge go for reading quotes of the authors. quotes are simple saying but are effective because of being a though provoking.
    then write your small quotes on different issues or topic. You will easily get on the ability. GOOD LUCK

kerlly Butler, Jun 21, 2020 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I see the value in studying the sales pieces of copywriters. But I'm not sure I understand how their individual quotes serve to help one learn the art of writing copy. Would you give me a better more explanation about your post?

JoeSpirit, Jun 22, 2020 IP
  7. Hely55

Hely55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, first of all, you need to be able to think creatively. If you are closer to math or programming, rather than literature and art, then maybe copywriting is not for you. Although you can learn everything.

It is also important to understand human psychology, especially if you plan to work with advertising texts.

It is necessary to consider that copywriting is work only on the computer. If you find it difficult to sit at a table for a long time and look at the monitor, then maybe this profession is not for you.

Hely55, Nov 11, 2020 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of this.

I recently heard one guy state that if you aren't born with copywriting skills you'll never succeed as a copywriter. He said it isn't something that can be learned.

I disagree because I believe you can learn copywriting skills. But I do believe that 2 necessary ingredients are creativity and understanding of human psychology. If you don't have those you probably won't become a successful copywriter.

But I must balk at the statement that "copywriting is work on the computer." Copywriters existed a long time before the computer became the tool of choice.

JoeSpirit, Nov 14, 2020 IP
  9. Raquib

Raquib Peon

Best Answers:
    I think copywriting is the understanding of man behaves what man wants. We have to be capable to think creatively Writing, We have to read many books about copywriting.

Raquib, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I personally think one of the best tools for learning copywriting is re-writing highly successful sales letters by hand repetitively and actively thinking (as you write) about the WHY each word is used and WHY it's placed in the specific location it appears in.

And when I say "by hand repetitively" I mean a minimum of 20 times.

JoeSpirit, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In-depth research and experience would be one of the best factor in copywriting and you need to adapt in different environment to effectively reach your target audience.

KylieSweet, Nov 26, 2020 IP
  12. Neubert Rommel

Neubert Rommel Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many things to look out for!
    1. Always remember your target audience
    2. What is your USP?
    3. Write a catchy headline (here i can only recommend neuroflash's AI generated tool)
    4. Use a clear and convincing call to action
    5. Use you and informal language to create a better connection
    6. Exaggerate
    7. Use emotional words to trigger emotions
    8. Use statistics and numbers
    9. Research about industry and competitors
    10. Find counterarguments potential customers might find and find a solution to them (address them in your copy)
    11. Use data to check what works or not!
    12. What kind of copy are you writing? Social ad, search ad, banner ad?

Hope this helped a bit :)

Neubert Rommel, Jun 17, 2021 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I personally believe that exaggeration in copy is a disservice.

JoeSpirit, Jun 29, 2021 IP
  14. Aurilar

Aurilar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most important thing is to realise that you write for specific perpose and for specific people. Target audience is very important to write successful ads.

Aurilar, Sep 22, 2021 IP