1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To many internal links bad?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Thomas Scheetz, Mar 24, 2020.

I was just wondering if to many internal links on post pages going to other post pages could be a bad thing?

I have a lot of posts on my site and was thinking of getting a plugin to boost my internal links. Right now I have any where from 2 to 4 internal links going out on each post.

Thanks for any feedback!
    Tom

Thomas Scheetz, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do it all the time, and believe it can help. Certainly moves the link juice around in the site.

Oso Optimized, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  3. Thomas Scheetz

Thomas Scheetz Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. About how many internal links per page you have? Is there a number that you think is to much? Also, do you use a plugin or just do it yourself?

Thomas Scheetz, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  4. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just do manual linking, most often one or two. But if a post warrants it, it could be several, including OBLs. You understand how link juice is distributed? The more links you place, the less juice there is to go to each link.

Oso Optimized, Mar 30, 2020 IP
  5. Thomas Scheetz

Thomas Scheetz Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I've been only doing about 1 or 2 links per page and I change it up trying to equally distribute links.

Thomas Scheetz, Mar 30, 2020 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    On my ~480 pages I currently have 9,102 internal links according to Google Search Console. The website's pages are well ranked and the website gets lots of traffic. As far as what I've read from Google, internal links are generally considered a good thing. With wise use of descriptive anchor text in the internal links, they are especially helpful to the search engines in their task of identifying the receiving page's content.

Jim4767, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  7. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As others are saying, internal links, to other pages on your site, are a GOOD thing. You should have both navigational options, and contextual linking.

Each internal link transfers about 70% of the "link-juice" to the page you link to, so it's also a vital tool for SEO, so you can use articles written for SEO (i.e. 2,400 words or more, great content, lots of expert phrases, etc.) to then link to other pages which you can't do SEO so well for, directly.

Also, outbound links to authority sites (such as Wikipedia) are also a good thing, because they show Google the context of your site, and show that you value high quality content.

Chris

Chris-, Apr 11, 2020 IP