1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting in copywriting

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by p0werB0, May 15, 2019.

1. vicktard

vicktard Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you're still a noob at copywriting anymore, but a great way to get some experience is to sell your work for cheaper than the going rate and going above and beyond on freelancer sites, like Fiverr. Slowly you can either find an ongoing gig or get some 5 star feedback and bump your rates up as you gain some valuable reviews. I'm speaking from the standpoint of a buyer of copywriting through Fiverr, I generally filter by high reviews and then pricing and look through about the first dozen. Hope this helps someone!

vicktard, Mar 20, 2020 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sound advice. I recall Napoleon Hill mentioning a similar tactic.

JoeSpirit, Mar 21, 2020 IP
  3. vicktard

vicktard Member

Best Answers:
    What did Napoleon Hill say regarding copywriting? I'm curious

vicktard, Mar 22, 2020 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    His words weren't specific to copywriting. He talked about offering your services free for a certain period of time to prove your worth to a potential employer. A "prove your worth" type of activity similar to your suggestion to "sell your work for cheaper."

JoeSpirit, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

But if you work for free make sure you have control over when free ends.

As a teenager, my daughter was given a coach-in-training opportunity that she was thrilled about. After 3 months she'd be paid, or rather her own coaching fees would be waived. To make that happen we a) bought a car; b) 4 days a week for 6 months I left work early to get her there while she went through the driver licensing process. At the end of 3 months the company refused to have the conversation with her about waiving fees and she ended up doing 9 months without pay. She had no control over the situation. Her choices were "suck it up", or quit. She was powerless. Make sure you aren't!

sarahk, Mar 23, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Of course when the unscrupulous employer is involved you're pretty much SOL.

JoeSpirit, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  7. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say just start writing, see if you can donate some articles to someone, or a website that you like, or choose a few products you like and write reviews on them, then turn in to a google Adsense website, there are a lot of avenues to follow but I have always felt learning by doing is best. Get iterative feedback, and improve little by little, this way you develop your own style.

I love the book recommendations, Thank you all!

IanT, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  8. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IT's very hard and you can do it really step by step absolutely and possibly anyway on your own goals. Start from something like 0.01 per word and you can be sure for whatever meanings out there entirely and possibly. Let's move on!

Terem123, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  9. AnnekeHenr

AnnekeHenr Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have good writing skills and understand how to work responsibly in a free environment - raise the price for your services. But I also started working for a lower salary.

AnnekeHenr, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  10. Brandon Leuangpaseuth

Brandon Leuangpaseuth Peon

Best Answers:
    I started off reading copywriting books and then I went to live business events to try to get clients. That was when I landed my first few gigs. Build a portfolio and keep on writing. I've been doing it for a while but I still feel like I have so much room to grow. Practice, practice, practice.

Brandon Leuangpaseuth, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  11. tonyuk

tonyuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just read as you much as you can. From experience I can tell you writing quality copy makes a massive difference to sales online! There are plenty of decent Copywriting technique books on Amazon.
    Good Copywriting Books on Amazon

How to Write Copy That Sells - Ray Edwards
    How to write seductive web copy - Henneke Duistermaat

******* And I'm looking forward to reading - Turbo Charging Your Web Content For Profit by Antony Barlow. Antony is a genuine online affiliate who is very successful and has been for many years. I like his books as he writes in a clear non technical style.

Good luck!

tonyuk, Jun 9, 2020 IP