1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Price Competition via newsletter

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrkeight, Mar 21, 2020.

Hi i want to hear as many ideas as possible!

So anyone can write to this post and tell your opinion - ideas

I am running an online business and have a lot of competition online (price)

We create the products we dont buy them

The problem is that the competitors have collected a big amount of emails and send secretly our products with a cheaper price and try to pull the market away from us - the funny thing is that we dont charge more - we believe that competitor just needs to pull the market out of us and generate cash on our back

Please share your thoughts! Thanks!

mrkeight, Mar 21, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am a bit confused: are these "competitors" actually selling your products that they buy from you or are they selling a product made by someone else? Makes a big difference as to the advice we might offer, of course.

jrbiz, Mar 22, 2020 IP
  3. mrkeight

mrkeight Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The do the same work with us - so they copy our product and sell it much cheaper only to their clients base by newsletter

mrkeight, Mar 22, 2020 IP
  4. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    So your competitors have an email list, and they sell your products to them at prices cheaper than what you sell them for? So they're losing money on each sale?

Your concern is that they are trying to steal market share? Have you given people permission to resell your products? What kind of products are they?

Randall Magwood, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  5. mrkeight

mrkeight Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Products are prints - they are trying to show that they are cheaper - they copy our products

mrkeight, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, if I understand this correctly, your competitors are making their own "knock-offs", selling them cheaper, and doing a good job marketing? Unless you can pursue them legally for IP theft, your only option is to fight fire with fire. You need to ramp up your marketing efforts to match or surpass what they are doing.

The advantage that you should have in such a marketing campaign war is that you are the originator of the products, so you will always have the latest/greatest product while they have to always catch up by copying your designs. You need to have a strong marketing campaign that capitalizes on your uniqueness and innovation and speed to market. You, too, can build up a loyal customer base by providing them with great value in terms of always having the best products available first.

jrbiz, Mar 24, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. Iman Ragheb

Iman Ragheb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY!

Value Innovation is your answer!

I ask you a question. How can you make competition irrelevant? I say, by not considering them, but your audience! Did you get it? Let me put it this way...

What happens when you deliver massive value to your audience and build a brand that people love? Something they live with? Then competition is not a problem anymore.

So Blue Ocean strategy is all about this. Create NEW factors, Eliminate OLD factors. Raise GOOD factors, Reduce Bad factors. Start analyzing your industry and the factors that drive it. Then start thinking in terms of that framework. You will start generating ideas that money can't buy, and definitely will make competitors disappear.

I have written a 4-Part article about this topic, and probably I'm going to sell it when it's completed. If you want more information on this, message me and I will send you the article, for free. Definitely will help you figure this out ;) Peace.

Iman Ragheb, Mar 28, 2020 IP