1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a news, commentary, political local and national blog...YIKES!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Blue Montana, Mar 8, 2020.

So, I am starting a political blog but have some major questions I hope maybe I can get some answers from more experienced and professional bloggers. My first stump is can I use an idea from let's say, Huffington, Washington Post, Al Jazeera or other such websites to create my own story? For instance, I read an article in WAPO on Coronavirus, I want to comment on the article but I need to give a lead-in and details. Is it safe to quote from the original WAPO article and how much of such an article is safe to actually paste and copy with a link back of course?

Blue Montana, Mar 8, 2020 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For short term it could work but it long cant say what google serp may think about your site.
    I would suggest you to get the idea and write your own content.

blogdum, Mar 10, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Absolutely ok, and what plenty of other political commentators do.

It sounds like you haven't done your homework. Look at the other political commentary sites like Judd Legum's Popular Opinion. Identify what they do well, and poorly, work out what you can do better, what you need to emulate. Play to your strengths - what aren't they doing that people will like when you do it?

sarahk, Mar 10, 2020 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont have experience on this field but i am sure it will work as political its a trendy subject all the time .I remember when i was searching on google trends and i was always find about politics

Spartan14, Mar 10, 2020 IP