1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build and setup outstream video player on my site?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by MaxonAd, Mar 2, 2020.

Need video player that supports HTML5 & Flash, compatible with the VAST standards. Does anyone have such experience? Have you ever deal with cedato, jw player or adplayer.pro? Thanks in advance.

MaxonAd, Mar 2, 2020 IP
  2. denis bayly

denis bayly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    denis bayly, Mar 2, 2020 IP
  3. AdPlayer.Pro

AdPlayer.Pro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello MaxonAd! We appreciate you interest in our product.

I’m not entitled to speak about all the mentioned players, but can give you some insights on AdPlayer.Pro outstream solution. Our HTML5 outstream video player is lightweight, responsive, feature-rich and fully customizable. Integration is super easy and UI is super user-friendly. AdPlayer.Pro is compliant with the majority of existing video ad standards, like VAST, VPAID & Google IMA. It's free for publishers monetizing with AdPlayer.Pro demand.

Here's AdPlayer.Pro official thread where you can share your feedback or ask any questions regarding the player https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/adplayer-pro-fast-flawless-official-thread.2864812/

AdPlayer.Pro, Mar 3, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Flash?
    Really?

sarahk, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. MaxonAd

MaxonAd Peon

Best Answers:
    Think we should say goodbye to Flash?

MaxonAd, Mar 4, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    should?

it's been irrelevant for ages.
    I don't have flash on my computer, haven't noticed any content is missing on the sites I visit. It can't be used on phones so why have it at all?

sarahk, Mar 4, 2020 IP
    JEET and denis bayly like this.
  7. MaxonAd

MaxonAd Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agree with you, Sarah. Unfortunately, we still have some Flash content that haven't been updated with non-Flash features. I've heard somewhere that this technology will not be updated from the end of the current year. Hope we'll cope with this till the end of 2020. So I'm looking for something supporting both Flash & HTML5 while we are migrating old objects to new formats.

MaxonAd, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  8. denis bayly

Best Answers:

It does not matter what Flash content you may have, your visitors will not, if they
    have any sense, have the Flash plugin with which to view it. :D

coothead

denis bayly, Mar 5, 2020 IP
    sarahk and kk5st like this.
  9. MaxonAd

MaxonAd Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your advice Denis! Regarding Flash content, we're still observing some demand on it, but understand that it should be transformed asap. Did you have a chance to test some of popular now outstream solutions? Could you share any feedback if yes?

MaxonAd, Mar 6, 2020 IP
  10. denis bayly

Best Answers:

Personally, i don't believe that one should use third party options.
    Use your own videos and display them with the HTML5 video element and mp4 video files.

The support for this setup is very good.

Source:-

MPEG-4/H.264 video format

coothead

denis bayly, Mar 6, 2020 IP
  11. MaxonAd

MaxonAd Peon

Best Answers:
    Appreciate your help, Denis. Some 3rd party players look very attractive as we can monetize with their demand, also UIs are logical and easy-to-use, they provide a lot of additional features that I wouldn't expect from a video player. I'm afraid that the implementation process can be complicated and expensive. What are your concerns regarding such a solutions?

MaxonAd, Mar 9, 2020 IP
  12. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The video inventory can be set up as Instream or Outstream and I've explained both these setups as follows:

Instream
    You can serve Instream video ads wherein ads will play with the video content or video player environment of your website. (i.e similar to Youtube ads). To do this setup, you will have to create an account video hosting platform such as Brightcove or Ooyala and host your content and implement their video players on your site. After creating the video hosting account, you can proceed to set up these ads in Ad manager.

Create a Video Ad-unit: This is used to define your Video inventory.
    Create a Video line item: You will have to target the Ad-units created inside the line item.
    Generate Video Tag: This Tag needs to implemented inside your Video hosting platform to trigger Ad requests to the Video Player.

Outstream
    You can serve In-Banner video ads aka Out Stream video ads if you don't have a video player inventory setup that I've mentioned above. These are Video ads serving in your display inventory. All you need is video creative and click URL from the client. For the files less than 1 MB, you can directly build the creatives using Google Web Designer and here are the instructions to build the creative and implement Click Tags.

If the File exceeds 1 MB, you can host the creative in your CMS and implement a link to the source.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions. Also, I can also help you do the setup myself if you feel that this is too technical and you need assistance with the implementation.

LewisH95, May 9, 2020 IP