1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there any directries which are still alive?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by newbie191, Nov 7, 2019.

Is this still a business? And which directory scripts are used now a days?

newbie191, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its not completely dead, but its not alive either. This business model started falling when google stopped updating their PR publically.
    Submitting to traditional directory websites is also of not much use. May be it can help get a new website indexed slightly faster, but other than that there is barely any benefit.

I am coding a new type of directory script for one of my websites. Am thinking about giving it free for others too.
    Its not like a regular directory script with just categories and links. Lot more in it.
    I'm almost done, will share a link here once completed.

JEET, Nov 11, 2019 IP
  3. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Lots of web directories and business directories still online, you just need to search.

Regarding web directory scripts, you need to understand that web directories are not as popular as in a link building point of view as they once were, with this in mind once popular scripts have been abandoned, not maintained or just scaled back -

Phpld - still going but I would say scaled back, still updated for php version and security.

phpmydirectory - still going strong I believe and updating script for features.

esyndicat - looks to me like it’s abandoned (could be wrong).

Linkenginepro - abandoned.

To name a few, there are a few business directory scripts, stand-alone or WordPress type that seem to be more alive and kicking.

Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 27, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.