1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any youtubers here, earning ones?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JEET, Jan 13, 2020.

Any youtubers here, earning ones?

How much is youtube paying you "now", for every 1000 views on a video you uploaded?
    I understand that this figure varies a lot, and I am also not looking for exact numbers, just an average.

A rough estimate is good enough.
    Earnings on 1000 views for a video on youtube.

Thanks

JEET, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  2. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't answer your question because I don't typically upload to YouTube, but your question has me wondering something. What would you say the acquisition cost is per 1k views of a video? How often do you see CTRs above 2.5% if at all? I don't know much about advertising on YouTube, but it's a great way to connect with a targeted audience of followers.

scu8a, Jan 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think youtube is more useful for branding purposes, getting your name out there in customer's mind.
    I don't remember myself clicking a link from a youtube ad video and buying something.

But I do remember watching a hosting company's ads often, and then "later" buying hosting from that same company, much later.

JEET, Jan 13, 2020 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  4. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want an idea of how much channels are earning, try Social Blade. I think the lower estimated earning is fairly accurate to adsense earnings. I know someone that was earning £400 per day briefly with adsense, but he was getting well into hundreds of thousands of views per day. Unfortunately for him those numbers were short lived.

Plus 1000 views might earn around the $1 or $2 mark, bit more bit less depending on the niche.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Zone06, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Zone06
    Many thanks for the estimates. I too was thinking that earnings could be around $1 to $3 per 1000 views.
    Hoping to hear from other youtubers also.

JEET, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  6. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, with YouTube, you can communicate in a more personal way with many people. Provided you play your cards correctly, Youtube can prove to be a very powerful resource.

Whenever you experience a subconscious influence by an advertisement, it's often referred to as "presuation". Think of it as though you were diving down the highway. You see a billboard sign positioned at the side of the road. You think nothing of it. A few minutes later, you have an unfounded craving for something. 10 minutes later, you pull off the freeway after seeing a restaurant which just happens to serve what you're craving. What a coincidence, right? It's actually nothing more than "presuasion". If you know how to apply it, "presuasion" is surprisingly powerful. There is a caveat to certain aspects of applying psychology to advertising that are also very powerful, but it's a violation of ethics to make use of these psychological techniques.

Several days ago, I was speaking casually with someone I didn't know. He happened to mention that he's not affected by advertising. I gave him a warm smile and simply said, "That's impressive." and I left it at that. It was an example that once again demonstrates that we do not realize how much control our subconscious minds have over our conscious minds. Did he believe what he had said? Yes. Was he correct in his personal assessment? Not one single bit. I thought that was rather interesting.

scu8a, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those same psychology tricks are used for evil purposes too, like brain washing, political favouritism, religious differences and what not.
    It surely is unethical and evil. Like you said, the best part, people do not even realize it!

During the start of my online career, I got the priviledge of working with sales copy copywriters. They use those same techniques, but under a different name. Story telling, and magic words.
    Words that force people into taking action (buying) by hitting subconscious cords.

JEET, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its very surprising, thousands of members on this forum, and none is earning anything from youtube...
    Makes me think, youtube earnings are only for their top channel owners, not for people like us...

JEET, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  9. David_Gray

David_Gray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So sad, no information on this post about youtube earning.

David_Gray, Feb 25, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes David, Sad part is that this is a large community of webmasters, and barely anyone is earning from youtube...

JEET, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  11. Danywenyheny

Danywenyheny Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. That's my experience with few ten thousand views as well.

Danywenyheny, Feb 25, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know someone who is getting almost $1 for 7000 views. his users are from india/pakistan - asia mostly.
    His niche is 'making money online'.

c4cyber, Feb 25, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  13. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    my niche is Graphic Design and with 1500 Subscribers and 30 videos I made 200$ in 2 months. Its all about the niche. If you targets Americans, Europe you will get more earning as these people are mostly interested in learning unlike Pakistani and Indians who are repeating the same content, copying etc. YouTube likes original contents and so do people from western regions. You will see boost in income.

vectors, Feb 25, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @vectors
    That is very good, specially with 30 videos only!

So far everyone told me that I need to upload at least 2-3 videos each week to get any substantial income.
    This is really tiresome.

By the way, I 100% agree with your pakistan/India remark.
    You will not believe how much they have spammed youtube in my niche.
    Zero knowledge about stock market, probably never even traded themselves, and posting video after video of strategy claiming it works... (thousands of subscribers of course)

I cannot even imagine how many people are losing money everyday, simply by testing those so called strategies.
    Anyone with even little know how of stock markets can easily say that those are bogus videos with bogus strategies, made with one single intention, earning $2 from youtube...

JEET, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  15. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    I think when the limits were raised to 1000 subs and 4K of viewing hours before the possibility of monetization has made it even harder for newbie youtubers, plus I think they have also been making changes to video’s that won’t get ads if they don’t have or have a setting, can’t remember what it is.

Best Regards

phplduser, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  16. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    phplduser
    I knew about that 1000 subscribers condition, did not knew about 4000 hours of viewing time.
    If youtube wants these conditions to be met, then it should not show ads also on these videos until the condition is met.
    But they show ads and earn, while screwing the publisher...

JEET, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    phplduser likes this.
  17. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am wonder to know too

i have chanel that had 600 sub and 2000 hours view

mhmdkhamis, Mar 5, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  18. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, It is -

4,000 hours of overall watch time on their channel within the past 12 months and have at least 1,000 subscribers.

Best Regards

phplduser, Mar 5, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  19. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They don't want to disclose the earning might be... this might be one reason

MayurKawale, Mar 6, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  20. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get it, but am not asking exact earnings, just a rough idea of earnings per 1000 viewers is good enough.

JEET, Mar 6, 2020 IP
    MayurKawale likes this.