1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to start a niche affiliate blog, but my interests are too wide?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jjpro, Feb 3, 2020.

Problem stated in the title. Here's a bit of background on me:

I'm a former structural engineer, turned English teacher, turned programmer. I'm now in Asia as a full time remote software engineer.

I've traveled to 25 countries and I work full-time remotely, so I was thinking about doing a blog/website combining the following:

- Write travel posts.
    - Write posts learn software engineering, become a programmer how to find remote work.
    - Review products related to travel and tech, putting Amazon affiliate links (as well as other affiliate providers) to purchase said products (i.e. travel tech products, backpacks, computer accessories, travel shoes and clothes).

Basically, the idea I'd be selling is how to transform one's lifestyle so they can eventually code and work remotely while traveling.

Does this sound like a good idea? I know it may have been done before... Is marketing travel items AND tech items too disparate to include on one blog?

I also have other interests, such as music and photography, but I feel that I don't really have an edge on those topics.

jjpro, Feb 3, 2020 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stick to one niche and build that one out first. It could be about travel or programming. But stick to ONE topic and build your site blog out. It will take time but it can be done. You can also make money from it through advertising or through affiliate programs.

kb24, Feb 6, 2020 IP
  3. Leonard R

Leonard R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    While your blog can focus on one of the two mentioned, you can always write about both and structure them into different categories. I don't see why not. More tags, more searches, more exposure.. as long as it doesn't affect the quality of your content.

Leonard R, Feb 7, 2020 IP
  4. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A better choice would be to build your traffic through one niche first, gain the attention of your targeted audiences and then expand your niche after establishing a level of credibility among your customer base to ensure them that you can actually entertain their interests.

Sam Sabir, Feb 24, 2020 IP
  5. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question for sure, and their advice is really just speculation. What works for one person may not work for the other. I would recommend focusing on YouTube and video/image content to demonstrate the lifestyle, while also writing and publishing content on a blog and social media often. You can focus on all these niches combined if you have the energy to do so, but it might be easier to focus on one. That choice is completely dependent on you and how much time and effort you're willing to put into your plan.

cronik, Feb 24, 2020 IP
  6. Kate_loj

Kate_loj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you, very interesting note. Post gave it some thought .

Kate_loj, Feb 25, 2020 IP