1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my website MexicanRoutes.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mayazir, Feb 4, 2020.

Hi, could you review and feedback my website?
    It is an online travel guide.
    All Mexico destinations and tourist information.
    MexicanRoutes.com

mayazir, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  3. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.
    I registered this domain in July 2016 and till May 2017 the site was empty.
    So, the site is only 2,5 years old, while the domain is 3,5

I would like to hear opinion about visual aspect. The idea is to create a useful travel guide which could be used for travelers.
    No ads, no bunches of images or videos..
    I wanted it to be some kind of pocket guide.
    Would you use if as your tourist guidebook?
    What could I add there more?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2020
    mayazir, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm usually a bit negative about new travel sites but yours is really good.

upload_2020-2-5_15-37-37.png
    I'm busy researching places to visit (you can see some of our destinations on your maps which is cool) so I can convince my husband his plan for our trip is way too short - looking forward to you fleshing out https://mexicanroutes.com/65-day-tour-around-mexico/ but the basic route and town names still point me in the right direction.

On https://mexicanroutes.com/states/ it would be good to have a map with the states outlined and linking to the detail page too. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

On https://mexicanroutes.com/hacienda-del-cochero/ there isn't a heading for the name of the hacienda. Same for Durango: https://mexicanroutes.com/durango/. That should be a simple template change.

One of the towns had information about fiestas but it wasn't clear when the fiestas were - the dates will change each year but a month or season as a guide would be useful. If I'm deciding whether to go to Town A or Town B and I see that my trip will coincide with a fiesta that may influence my choice. I just found this list and it's going to be useful.

I signed up for the forum, was looking the road trips section but couldn't see how to create a new thread or how to get to the top of the forum

upload_2020-2-5_15-46-28.png

My options are either the top of the section I'm in or the main forum.

I was going to ask if there were any road rules that might be unexpected for a visitor - we've discovered in Lima that motorbikes aren't allowed on all motorways so we'll have to work around that. I've learnt that in America motorbikes can't always "lane split" or "lane filter" so we'll be needing to find out what the rules are in each country we visit.

sarahk, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  5. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback.
    Well, the forum is still empty, I have no idea how to bring there users..
    I already have ready 65 days route and the rest, but only paper version..
    ----------------
    Yes, I know, need to check again the theme files and customize the post title area.
    In original theme this part is what I also didnt like, but still had no time to personalize it..
    ----------------
    I dont know how to make an interractive state map..some states are so tiny and all my ideas of its realization seems not exactly what I would like to find on this site being a traveller..
    ----------------
    There is too much info, and I still add more details and facts.
    I will add more holidays and dates, but I try to avoid getting bored with a routine details, so I try not to focus on similar tasks and add something here and something there, step by step, jumping from adding festivals to updating routes etc..
    ----------------
    I have a post about How to drive in Mexico, but it is still a draft..
    Need to finish it some day

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    mayazir, Feb 4, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Bringing in users is hard, don't sweat it and let it happen naturally. My problem was that there wasn't a "new post" button.

sarahk, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  7. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe as not registered user you didnthave this option..
    I approved your request, can you see that button now?

mayazir, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  8. tajb88

tajb88 Member

Best Answers:
    its good , just make good content , add new info share it in socail media . good luck.

tajb88, Feb 5, 2020 IP
  9. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I focus now not on unique content, but in useful content.
    I use wiki articles and "clean" them, removing all useless information and dividing long sentences in a few short phrases and re-order all in different "toggles", to make reading simple.
    Then I open post by post in random order and add more information I got from other sources, checking all facts.
    The idea is not 100% unique content, the idea is gather all useful tourist information in just 1 place. Not hotels and restaurants information, but points of interest and sightseeing. I try to avoid convert it into completely useless "visitmexico.com" site, with a lof of forms, images and almost zero really usefull information and facts.
    The idea is not a lot of nice photos and video, but let to travellers quickly read about the place.

And the main idea of this site is suggested routes.
    I create ready routes to be used for planning trip to Mexico.
    1 week route, 2 weeks route, Yucatan routes, Baja California routes, nature routes, routes for backpackers, routes for road trip etc..
    All kind of routes and itineraries..
    For example you plan to go to Mexico for 3 weeks, so you just check for all 3 weeks routes and chose the best for you, according your time and money.

I have Facebook page but also have no followers.. The site gets organic traffic - 120+ daily unique visitors, weekends 85-95 visitors.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    mayazir, Feb 5, 2020 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes, thanks

sarahk, Feb 5, 2020 IP
  11. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    more opinions or suggestions?

mayazir, Feb 21, 2020 IP