1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Media sites to Target Computers/Tech Gadgets for a Newbie

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Belenthrow, Jan 18, 2020.

I just bought an expired site(researched against spam had to be done as well as the wayback machine) and it has to deal with computers and tech gadgets. I am in the process of getting the site ready with a few blogposts on them in the mean time.

What are the best social media sites that I could Target To save headache? I am tying to avoid burnout as I DON'T need to signup for all of them but the targeted niches

Any help with this is appreciated.

Belenthrow, Jan 18, 2020 IP
  2. speel00

speel00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that they have any specific tech/gadget social media sites, at least that I am aware of. However, the usual social media sites could work for you if you know how to use the right hashtags. I have found success with Twitter and Instagram in the past. Not much a fan of Facebook, as that is already over-saturated, but some do swear by it. And we cannot forget the power of YouTube, you can do a few videos related to computers and gadgets to promote the site.

speel00, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  3. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
    For this i use a app called Brand Integrator, a bit expensive but worth every penny.

Private Loader, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  4. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I searched up on that app but.....YIKES! No thank you. I am spending on a budget as i am not on that level.

Twitter and Instagram it is then. I did Youtube in the past but videos are my weakspot. I know of a program called canvas that Helps with images and for some people it works best. Since I am good with graphics to some degree then ill focus my efforts on Instagram. Twitter, I am just getting back into and doing a little cleanup on my account.

Belenthrow, Jan 20, 2020 IP
    speel00 likes this.
  5. Todman2112

Todman2112 Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try some niche based magazines where you can post some content yourself. The ones with DA20-30 have good and decent traffic and can help.

Todman2112, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  6. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
  7. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    hmm... I think I know what I can work from with the topgadgetsguru domain website and what is profitable. I looked for a new angle..i think. Thanks for the input guys.

Belenthrow, Jan 20, 2020 IP
    Private Loader likes this.
  8. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    Like always I also tell my clients, figure out your direction? How are you wanting to market your content? What is your goal? Are you trying to present new upcoming gadget? Do you want to sell refurbished items?
    You have to know what you want your potential visitors to do before you choose a social platform to market on. Are you just sharing monetized content?

tbar, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  9. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Although i have a track mindset on blogging, Im not thinking like a business man on the whole as I starting to remember WHY i gotten into this in the first place.

I though THAT to myself, "you're out of your league because today's content needs to be massive as well as engaging to stand up on the whole. 500 words per blog post is far too weak. You need to actually think in the terms is how business works a bit more. That AND online business works almost the same."

That sort of changed my mindset a bit as my methods are a bit obsolete. Everything is starting to come back and i need to do a bit more research.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Belenthrow, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  10. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    Well, let me be the first to say that I think part of the problem is you are thinking WAY TOO MUCH. I have been guilty of this in the past. Have to get past the thinking and really just DO.

Now, content is king and it will be for a very long time. The best way to handle that is to create a content marketing plan.

You should start by building a seed article that consist of about 2500 words. You then take that article and break it down into small pieces of content to spread across the web as backlinks and "landing pages" There are softwares out there that can help facilitate content rewriting.

But you have to really know how to use them. Using them correctly could push out 20 to 30 pieces of unique content within about an hour or two. You can easily get a content marketing plan together and execute it.

I agree your business model should work, and it should work to improve your ROI. Even if your only investment is monthly hosting, and cost of a domain name.

Dropshipping really sucks if you don't have the resources. You have to handle alot when it comes to dropshipping. But you can arbitrage items, which will allow you to be the middle man. Buy low, charge high, take your cut.

I mean either way, you can easily setup an arbitrage website with this domain name. List products, price them higher, sell them,order from your source and have them ship the product to your customer. That's what most online business do.

tbar, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  11. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I DO have an idea on what I can sell to prospects thanks to me studying what Teespring is. Its more effective to go with what works on the whole and most people love t-shirts. Its less headache than coming up with reviews for affiliate products and its a much lower cost. Just have to have a creative mind for the shirts. :)

Belenthrow, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  12. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Just a quick update....I signed up for Instagram but unfortunately I got banned even before i got into using it within 24 hours just after signup. I think its due to IP address so ill have to substitute for pinterest. Twitter and pinterest though i might change this. As well I finally found my niche being yard-work (landscape and gardening and cresting tshirts to match). I can do much better with this niche since i have more experience.

Belenthrow, Feb 28, 2020 IP