1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meghan and Harry's Exit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Jan 19, 2020.

They are chasing a "normal life", but considering their status they may never find it. They will always be surrounded by paparazzis, they will always need/have a 24/7 protection, they will always make a headline. So much stress for nothing, if you ask me. What are they chasing exactly? Has the move been worth the trouble? I just can't understand their motives.

qwikad.com, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good riddance to them, shame they can't take the rest of the dysfunctional freeloading fuckwits with them.

malky66, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :)

scurvy, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's what is so surprising about the whole thing. Harry has been hounded since birth about not being Charles' son, his life has been in the spotlight, his wife has been subjected to racism. Brits are sick of freeloaders. His leaving should be a good thing.

sarahk, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    They are constantly in the news these days, it's all we hear day in day out and anyone I speak to are sick of hearing about them, as you are probably aware by now I'm not a fan of the royals, our country would do just fine if they all just crawled into a hole and fucking stayed there.
    Meghan is nothing but a pathetic social climber, does anyone think she'd have married an ugly ginger if he wasn't a royal? No of course she wouldn't.

malky66, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  6. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Harrys not Charles'?

scurvy, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The rumour is he's James Hewitt's, make up your own mind:

download.jpg

malky66, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  8. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do a DNA test FFS

scurvy, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's not down to me.

malky66, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He's also a a dead ringer for Diana's brother.

The point though is that no child should grow up seeing magazine covers querying your paternity.

I can't remember what the UK does but in NZ every corner shop has blown up posters of the front covers of the trashy weekly magazines on the pavement outside their shops. The headlines are unavoidable even if you never read the magazine.

It's one thing to exploit adults who have chosen a life in the spotlight, another thing altogether to exploit children.

sarahk, Jan 20, 2020 IP
    JEET and malky66 like this.
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree, it's not his fault he was born into a bunch of dysfunctional inbreds.

malky66, Jan 20, 2020 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't follow this very closely, but my prediction is that not too long out in the future, Harry and Megan will split up and Harry will be welcomed back into the fold. My take on this is the typical wife vs. mother-in-law (though in this case, maybe grandmother-in-law) battle to prove who the son loves more. Be careful what you ask for, I suppose.

BTW, I would happily trade being in the limelight for not having to do much of anything but enjoy life...

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In his recent speech he said, in essence, that he didn't expect that they would be stripped of their royal titles (the prince / princess). A note of regret already. I suppose that's what you get for displeasing the Queen. I believe, if anything, they will experience a whole lot more pressure in the months to come. Their marriage better be strong.

qwikad.com, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there was that king-to-be in the early 1900's that gave up the throne to marry his commoner true love and stuck with it. Not sure if this will be the same, but you never know...

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They will never allow another royal to date an American divorcee!

sarahk, Jan 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the Queen is not as powerful as she once was, even within her own family. What would make her think that she could stop the next debacle now that there is precedent? Does this trend herald the end of the monarchy or the beginning of a new type of monarchy more like the Kardashians?

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  17. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From what I'm gathering, the primary motive is based on the constant hounding by the press. I use the term "press" loosely, here. They're more like trashy tabloids. I spent a short time living in England and the number of tabloids -- they're for sale all over, and they're loaded with the most disgusting info-trash you could even dream up. I'd be delighted to see the maggots who gather and publish rubbish die in a house fire.

If my mother were essentially killed by the paparazzis, and then my new wife was being harassed, I'd do the exact same thing. In terms of tabloid trash and gossip, Canadians really aren't like the Brits. Having spent about 3 years in Canada, it's an entirely different culture. No one gives a damn, and Canadians tend to be polite and respectful for the most part. Sure, there will be hounding by the paparazzis, but nowhere near the extent that the tabloid trash and paparazzi parasites do in the UK.

scu8a, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  18. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By the way you describe NZ, it sounds very much like the UK. Not only were tabloids plastered all over, but the actual shops that sold the tabloids were all over. It was sick.

scu8a, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's tough for them. The magazine industry is dying, they can't promote tobacco, they can't sell alcohol, gas stations sell all the same stuff and their prices are competitive, we have loads of supermarkets & with self-checkout they're often faster than going to a corner shop. If corner shops choose to promote the magazines they sell so they can make a few more bucks then I'm ok with that.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2020 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can they sell vaping products and energy drinks? The convenience stores around here seem to get a lot of business from those sales. Being a dinosaur, I am one of their few daily newspaper customers. :)

jrbiz, Jan 23, 2020 IP
    scu8a likes this.