1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recently-Introduced Fonts (webfonts)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Matthew Parij, Jan 21, 2020.

Do you think the recently-introduced fonts will forever displace the traditional fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, and Helvetica?
    I, personally; do not like the new fonts; and I hope the traditional fonts are around a while longer.
    I really do hope that the traditional fonts will continue to be used in any capacity.

Matthew Parij, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Which "recently introduced fonts" are you even referring to? That's painfully vague and meaningless.

Though if you mean webfonts, I still say you shouldn't use them on flow text unless you're REALLY sure of what you're doing. A lot of "very popular with the artsy fartsy types" fonts like Raleway have their slabs and bars so thin, they're an instant accessibility violation once sub-pixel hinting or other anti-aliasing techniques get done mangling them.

That's the biggest problem with straying from the 'safe' stacks in web development, so many fancier fonts are illegible junk that could get you pimp slapped for an accessibility violation. Some -- like Droid Sans -- are just fine and dandy. Others -- like raleway -- deserve a slap across the face with a wet trout of any of these artists under the DELUSION they are "designers" creaming their panties over them.

deathshadow, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  3. Matthew Parij

Matthew Parij Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do mean webfonts.

Matthew Parij, Jan 21, 2020 IP