1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a store which platform should I use?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by macstux, Dec 14, 2019.

1. jazz85

jazz85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I for one would go for Magento as it's written in PHP and there are many programmers out there that you can hire to work on it.
    Lots of open source extensions do exist as well... and if you need enterprise support and paid extensions... that exists too.
    https://magento.com/

Might be worth a look.

jazz85, Jan 7, 2020 IP
    puttu likes this.
  2. Amazing7

Amazing7 Peon

Best Answers:
    These platforms are good to create a store:
    • BigCommerce
    • Shopify
    • 3dcart
    • WooCommerce
    • Volusion
    • Prestashop
    • Weebly
    • Squarespace
    • Magento
    • Wix

Amazing7, Jan 8, 2020 IP
  3. Dandil

Dandil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Using prestashop as well, that service is really good

Dandil, Jan 8, 2020 IP
  4. SterlingSmith

SterlingSmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Looks like you've got some good advice on ecomm platforms to launch your website. Once you have that set-up, shoot me a note for a promo code to Sandbox Commerce. Think Shopify, BigCommerce or 3DCart but for retail mobil apps.

SterlingSmith, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  5. Dandil

Dandil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never tried to use BigCommerce

Dandil, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  6. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Woocommerce or Shopify.

Shivani Shrivastav, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  7. Simsam

Simsam Peon

Best Answers:
    I like woocommerce and have always favored that. But found out yesterday that a bank I use won't be supporting woocommerce with their payment gateway in the future, which I found a bit odd.

Simsam, Jan 18, 2020 IP
  8. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking your statement could be harmful to Woocommerce. Without citing the source of this "knowledge", you have no credibility.

gary

kk5st, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  9. HelgaHlg

HelgaHlg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend Magento, due to its flexibility and scalability. Moreover, I can provide you with approximate cost of Magento website development, https://elogic.co/blog/ecommerce-development-cost-in-2019-set-the-right-budget-for-your-project/. I think this information will be crucial in deciding your platform choice!)

HelgaHlg, Jan 31, 2020 IP
  10. BryanH

BryanH Peon

Best Answers:
    Even with open source sw like WP/WC, you have to pay for hosting.

You might pay a little less than $29/mo for hosting in the beginning, but you're going to outgrow that pretty quickly if you're any good at marketing.

Also, shopify has a lot of features available out of the box that would cost hundreds of dollars annually if you went with WC.
    • cross-platorm selling (facebook/ebay/amazon)
    • cart recovery
    • gift cards
    • multicurrency

WooCommerce is a good choice for ecommerce, but the advantage is in that it's more customizable, not because it's cheaper.

cart recovery alone is worth paying $29/mo for.

BryanH, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  11. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No if youre developer plus. For $30/mo you could get yourself a nice VPS that will handle it all for a really really long time... or Buy yourself some reseller hosting for way less then that and you will be good for a really really long time. Plugins are not that expensive...

macstux, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  12. BryanH

BryanH Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP made no indication that they were a developer, also...
    30 > 29

My point wasn't that WooCommerce is necessarily more expensive than Shopify, though it very easily can be.
    My point is the cost shouldn't be a deciding factor.

The fee is comparable to a moderate level managed hosting with extras.

Even though you could get a WC shop up for less per month than Shopify, the difference is negligible.
    You get more from Shopify out of the box than you do WooCommerce, but WooCommerce allows for more customization.

It all depends on how much customization you need and how much time you want to spend setting up your shop.

There's no clear cut answer. One isn't better than the other outside the context of the specific user's needs.

BryanH, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  13. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you sound like a democrat.

macstux, Nov 8, 2020 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  14. Vladesq

Vladesq Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend Shopify if it`s a simple store, but woocomerce if it`s something more special.

Vladesq, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  15. SevenNationLazors

SevenNationLazors Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! The platform for online sales depends on exactly what you want to sell and how much you want to sell. If there aren't that many products, then it makes sense to make landing pages and see the interest of buyers. But if there are more products, I would look at magento vs shopify comparisons. I'm leaning more towards magento, it seems to be cheaper to maintain and develop.

SevenNationLazors, Jan 8, 2021 IP
  16. Artaxas

Artaxas Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using Opencart and it's great! Maybe a bit need to invest into new modules, but they are very cheap. We created sports store + supplements store using opencart https://www.perfectbody.lt/papildai-sportui

Artaxas, Apr 14, 2021 IP
  17. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    From my understanding of your question, you’re planning to build a multi-vendor ecommerce platform. To start with, you can list down requirements for a multi-vendor store with respect to the scale of business, budget, and coding ability. Going forward with the list, you can compare it with the options you are already exploring. This will help you make an informed decision.

Since you have mentioned WooCommerce, I’ll give you my two cents about it. The platform gets really expensive after a certain time, thanks to added costs of plugins you have to install every now and then. Not to mention, added plugins make the website awfully slow.

If you can bear costs for open source platforms like Magento and WooCommerce, you can go with it but in my experience, I’ve seen hosted solutions like Shopify, StoreHippo, BigCommerce are easier to work with and also not too harsh on the pocket. Wish you all the best!

Cynthia Moreno, Jul 5, 2021 IP
  18. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My recommendation is that it depends on your budget and requirements, but most small businesses pick the woocommerce platform since it is simple to use and everything is accessible on the internet. So WordPress is one of the finest frameworks, and many people use it. Woocommerce is a WordPress plugin, and all WordPress integrations are accessible as a free or premium service.

usaukclassifieds, Jul 6, 2021 IP
  19. nickjonnes

nickjonnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    I work as a digital producer and I am just watching all online stores be basically soaked up by shopify because their platform is so good. Be careful of the percentage cuts that some of the apps will take though

nickjonnes, Jul 17, 2021 IP