1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How profitable is the leather business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jorge2local, Jan 13, 2020.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    you can probably do well with this if you can find a quality designer who will provide patterns that are either on-trend or true classics.

Will you set up a factory? Start with manufacture in your garage? Do you have reliable suppliers of leather? The more up market your jackets are, the more care you need to take that the leather is of a consistent, agreed quality.

Distribution will be important. Do your research - will people buy online? Do retailers require particular stock levels and size ranges? Will you have any issues filling large orders? What do you need to do to be able to respond quickly? Where will you sell stock that is soiled, no longer on-trend?

Much of this will come down to your start up capital.

sarahk, Jan 18, 2020 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL

I heard Hollywood actors make a lot of money. Does anyone have any knowledge about immediately getting in to a Hollywood film as a major actor making millions?

Seriously now... there is a lot of money in a successful leather business if you know what you are doing. You have no idea what you are doing. You simply heard there's opportunity in a leather making business and now you want to learn how to manufacture and start a leather business? Just piss off.... This is just silly.

You have no interest in leather. You have no skill in leather. You only heard there's money to be made. There's also money to be made in medical, law, marketing, etc. But what is YOUR background? What are YOUR interests?

ps. It's HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely that you will now spend the next couple of years to develop your leather making skill set to go start a successful profitable business based off simply hearing about the leather niche being profitable. Just a waste of time to ask.

NetStar, Jan 19, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Anthony Constantinou CWM

Anthony Constantinou CWM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on lots of factors. Please take opinion of professionals.

4. Jorge2local

Jorge2local Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can understand your emotions :D but don't get stressed as your advise will be worthy only if you share any informative comment :p
    I don't know where you saw that i don't have leather manufacturing knowledge, but it's better to read the replies before participating in the discussion :cool:

That's what i am trying to do

I agree with your point, buyers always attract on current trends, and therefore I also talked with the manufacturer so that I could protect myself from storing a large amount of goods.
    Regarding the size i did my research, and usually customers select the size patterns, but I'm also going to share an option for customize size.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
    Jorge2local, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I thought you wanted to manufacture... but you just want to be a shop?

sarahk, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  6. statusredox

statusredox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you're planning to do.

statusredox, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're as confused as the rest of us, right?

sarahk, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  8. Jorge2local

Jorge2local Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @statusredox said something that you should focus.
    I have both options, manufacturing or engaging a manufacturer whatever is feasible in beginning.

Jorge2local, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  9. marktrevin

marktrevin Active Member

Best Answers:

It's up to you, how you make it profitable
    There isn't any term of profitable business, but it's the strategy that makes any business profitable

marktrevin, Jan 30, 2020 IP
  10. Derek54

Derek54 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. I recommend finding a good supplier of leather, organizing a room for cutting raw materials, deciding what you would like to make from leather, thinking out the sales market, Paring Machine Schmedt and quality tools. After all, your reputation depends on it. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Derek54, Feb 23, 2020 IP
  11. marktrevin

marktrevin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @Derek54 for your suggestions, i have already tried this all :)
    But i understood your point

marktrevin, Feb 23, 2020 IP
  12. Kate_loj

Kate_loj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A lot of useful information, write more)

Kate_loj, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  13. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For retail one best way to sell your products is Amazon,Ebay,Etsy or any other ecommerce site. But the key to making leather products have a good trail sale is by creating a strong brand on social media. Use Instagram,Facebook,Tumblr and Pinterest to get your brand identified by multiple users.

LewisH95, Jul 21, 2020 IP
  14. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Well, I believe if you're determined to make it profitable, you will.
    It's all about your desire, your faith and organize planing, this is what makes the difference really.

Ayoub benali01, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  15. deepfox

deepfox Peon

Best Answers:
    I am selling leather jackets online and earn good income it is profitable business you can also see my website

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2020
    deepfox, Sep 26, 2020 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Presumably you're not manufacturing which is what the OP was asking about.

sarahk, Sep 26, 2020 IP
  17. stella cook

stella cook Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To start off, you will need to decide on the type of leather products you want to manufacture and sell. This could range from bags, wallets, belts, footwear or even furniture upholstery. Once you have identified your niche market segment within the broader leather goods industry, it's time to invest in quality materials such as raw hides or skins for tanning and dyeing them.
    Next up is designing your product line which should consider factors like aesthetics and practicality. You may want simple designs that are both fashionable yet functional with high-quality finishing touches that give them an edge over competitors' offerings.
    Marketing your brand effectively online through social media platforms can help reach out directly towards potential customers who would love what you offer but don't know where they'd find it otherwise!
    Lastly comes pricing considerations - always keep production costs down while maintaining product quality levels so as not only maximize profit margins but also build repeat customer loyalty over time!

stella cook, Mar 24, 2023 IP
  18. Nsjim

Nsjim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my country people tend to buy used leather clothes due to bad economy. Best have multiple products - choises rather than one! - If one does not work you fail , If you multiple you have higher chanches to succeed. First start small and see how it goes

Nsjim, Mar 26, 2023 IP
  19. Elijah Patrik

Elijah Patrik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello! Starting a leather business can be highly lucrative, but it is important to do your research first. You should talk to current business owners in the leather goods industry and conduct online research to learn more about what is involved in making and selling leather goods online. Success to you in your endeavors!

Elijah Patrik, Mar 27, 2023 IP