1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is this 0 DR site #1 locksmith in my area?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 1ce 1g3 z3r0, Jan 16, 2020.

Hi!

I have a weird situation with local seo results for locksmiths. I’ve been in seo for a couple years and can not for the world of me figure out how this is number one. If you search for “locksmith victoria” [might need to change geo to Canada] and the first result is mrlocksmithvictoria.com DR: 0! UR: 14

This site has virtually no good backlinks except a few citations from public sites.

If you look at most other results on the page they outperform the site by a margin, for example:

https://www.priceslock.com
    Franchise chain
    DR: 21 UR: 10

Victoria.popalock.ca
    National franchise chain
    DR: 29 UR: 16

Acmesafe.ca
    DR: 16 UR: 26

That site has virtually no backlinks and is brand new. How is it working so well?

Thank you.

1ce 1g3 z3r0, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  2. Brosskart

Brosskart Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword difficulty of this keyword is 2/100 as per ahrefs, which is quite easy to rank with a few quality backlinks and good on-page.

Brosskart, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  3. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    It might have hidden backlinks too from a PBN hiding it's footpritns from crawlers.

gorrior, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DR and UR are not metrics that Google uses to rank sites, so having DR of 0 is meaningless for a Google ranking!!

Looking at the site, it looks relevant to the search query for that region --> its going to rank.
    If I was looking for a locksmith in that region, I would be happy with that site in my search results --> Google has responded to the correct metrics for that site to ranks it.

Agent000, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  5. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the keyword is not much popular.

unna, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  6. 1ce 1g3 z3r0

1ce 1g3 z3r0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi yes I agree it should be easy enough. I am doing seo for one of the other sites and I've build really some good backlinks and it's also locally branded and well interlinked. So I understand that site is doing things well enough to rank, but the site I am working on does those things much better.. or it isn't and I am not seeing why. If anyone has a minute to look into it let me know I can pm you details I just can't see anything this site offers that mine doesn't better. Thanks

1ce 1g3 z3r0, Jan 19, 2020 IP
  7. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That website is ranking on top due to exact match domain plus it has good DA which is enough to rank such low competition website.
    Good luck with your strategies.

blogdum, Jan 28, 2020 IP
  8. Seo By India

Seo By India Active Member

Best Answers:
    I checked that website and it looks they are using symbiotic metric like H1 and H2 a combination with their targeted keywords that's why the website looks ranked.

Seo By India, Feb 15, 2020 IP