1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writer/Client Portal

Discussion in 'Programming' started by GamesPond, Jan 12, 2020.

Hi all,

Quick question and I'm not 100% sure if this is the right forum but I run a small article writing service and have been running it pretty old school with just email back and forth.

What I want to do is set up a client and author portal which will be able to do the following:
    Client dashboard:
    • After ordering the client has his/her own dashboard where they can receive their articles in doc file, get notifications, ask for revisions and leave feedback.
    • Also, they have the ability to place more orders.
    • I would also like to be able to send email or messages to all clients - deals, news, ect...
    Writers dashboard:
    • I'd like my writers to have their own dashboard as well with similar features only the ability to send the finished article to the client directly.
    • The ability for me to assign articles to each writer.
    • A WYSIWYG editor similar to Wordpress since most of my clients are using Wordpress and it would be good for them to be able to simply paste content without extra formatting.
    • It would also be good to have an option to send payments within the dashboard via paypal to the writers.
    Is there anything like this already available - preferably in Wordpress?

I'd also like it to be on my own domain.

Thanks in advance - much appreciate any suggestions.

GamesPond, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I worked on something like that a long time ago. I imagine you'll find plenty of options off the shelf. Look at Joomla, drupal, WordPress but search for standalone packages. Be prepared to customise.

sarahk, Jan 13, 2020 IP
    JEET and GamesPond like this.
  3. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know of anything, more so for Wordpress?

GamesPond, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nope, not an area of interest, and without knowing your full requirements I'd likely point you in the wrong direction.
    Set up a test site, add some content and play around with lots of different themes. If you spend an hour testing one that isn't right then you're that much closer to finding the one that is right. Sometimes I'll test a theme and not understand a particular approach they've taken, I'll test a whole lot more and get an "aha moment" where that original theme now makes sense. It might not be right still, but I'll understand why they've done something and that lets me test others with a fuller understanding.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    GamesPond and JEET like this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I coded a system like this for a small medical transcription company.
    Basically doctors would upload audio files from their panel, plus comments if any.
    From scribers panel, they would upload finished transcribed doc files for doctors to download.
    Admin of the site can assign different doctors or individual files to scribers.
    It was a custom code for a client. I think what you wwant is pretty close to this.

I don't think a wordpress plugin would be available for something like this.
    You might find something on some PHP script download site, but even that would need lots of customization.

JEET, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    GamesPond likes this.
  6. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, no problem and thanks for your input.

Thanks Jeet, I will do some searching on php scripts or clones to see if there's anything similar to what I need.

GamesPond, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.