1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Revised Online Blogging plan that Focuses on helping Prospects First

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Belenthrow, Jan 13, 2020.

Although I am not new to this game (I've been Inactive for over 8 years and want to start over coreectly this time), I want to do it right and plant the seeds of my niche efforts overtime and i was wondering if this strategy can work or what need to Tweak down the line:

1.Use a decent free WordPress Theme focusing on Computers and Tech Gadgets(my Niche which I'm good at).Buy a Professional one later. Fiverr can help greatly with this for a decent price if needed be.

2. Buy Hosting for ONE domain and FOCUS all work efforts on an authoritative site directly to that only. A starter plan is best for the beginner like me.

3. Utilize keyword research on you own or freelance the job for a much easier time though test waters first.

4. Reuse bought AND own written content for use once more (Your prospects want content that helps them MORE than an upsell)

5.Utilize Affordable Content Writing Services for more content.

6.Use Canvas to solve the problem of images for the blog(my biggest peeve since trying to get images for my blogs).

7. Prioritize on gaining trust by helping prospects first and foremost before anything else and monitor traffic accordingly.

8. Use Pinterest and 2nd being Facebook(only 2 social platforms at a time to avoid burnout) to promote said Canvas creations to drive traffic killing 2 birds with one stone.

Later: After this is all done THEN sign-up for affiliate programs.

Any help is greatly appreciated if I am wrong about this.

Although I question about using email lists greatly....last time I signed up for an email list autoresponder it drove up the bill over months time from inactive use due to very low traffic. Should I, for the first months just send opt-ins back towards the site(newsletters) for content that helps them at Least? I don't want to focus on autoresponders just yet when building up trust(I learn this the hard way).

Belenthrow, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  2. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    Coming out of hiatus! Congrats I know how that feels. It's hard getting that ball rolling again but once you do, DON'T STOP this time; you can do it. As far as your plan goes, I read through it and... It's a great start, and that is really all you need is a great start. I added a few pointers that has helped me streamline my work efforts when building my online assets,and assets for others.

1. Yes, use a free theme focusing on tech, SMTHEMES is a great source to use when picking out well designed WP themes. They are free, easy to optimize and edit. I wouldn't suggest that you use them forever because they can load pretty slow once you begin adding on your plugins.

When you get ready to purchase a paid theme, I personally wouldn't recommend fiver but that is really your choice. I would suggest you check out Envato Theme Forest. They have some amazing WP themes for great prices, you just have to know what to look for when you decide to actually invest in a theme.

2. Yup ,this is good as well. You want to always focus on one thing at a time (business wise) Hosting is everywhere. You will definitely have to sit down and put together an SEO plan for your authority site. If you want to jump ahead of the game, I would purchase an expired domain instead of a new one. It will take time to research the expired domain,and it's backlinks BUT expired domains have built in traffic. They can be golden, and they index really quickly because they are already established. You have to be careful when buying these because you can get a bad one if you don't know what to look for or have the tools. But I always buy expired.

3.When it comes to keyword research you need some tools. smallseotools is the perfect place to start if you don't want to spend any money. You can also take advantage of Keywords everywhere which is a Chrome extension that gives you stats on keywords. It's perfect. It cuts keyword research in half literally. Rank tracker is a software that you can download and use free. The free version allows you to track your keywords and see where they are ranking, and it also allows you to check the difficulty of your keywords.

4.As long as your reused content hasn't been published, you will be fine. You don't want to use that content on your authority site unless you want a penalty for it. Writing your own content is always a good thing. I think hand written content for your main site is a must. But you can use rewritten content on tier 1 and tier 2 links.

5.No content service is really affordable. That is just my opinion. I wrote for different content mills and seo professionals for years. And I realized how much money they wasted buying one article at a time. I think it's the main reason why I do Article Bundles. People have no idea how much content is needed to do content marketing. To effectively market your business or service online, you should be pushing out at least 500 pieces a month. That is costly when you are buying per article. Never made sense to me. Find a professional who knows how to seriously rewrite your content and make it new over and over again. NOT SPIN, but professionally REWRITE. There is a big difference between these two. There is an art to rewriting an article.

6.Canva is my go to for social media campaigns ONLY. You can use them for your website but canva works so well so social media content it's ridiculous. You may also want to hit up pixabay for your blog images. Free with credit.

7.Helping your prospects is giving them content around the clock. Content that they can get something out of. Like you said, build trust.

8.I can't say which platform to use because I don't know what your business is about. Each platform serves a particular purpose. You have to know your audience and understand who is using these platforms. For instance, Pinterest is over 70% women. Are they going to be interested in your tech website? Facebook could work, depending on how you plan to use it and where you plan to engage.

Later- The one thing I learned about building out authority sites and adding affiliate products is that one product at a time seemed to work better. Giving people too many options makes them confused so they end up NOT buying. If you can build your authority site around one product, you will be golden.
    There are plugins that you can use on WP that will allow your email subscribers to join your newsletter. All emails will go to your dashboard.....I can't think of it right now but if you hit me later I will try to have that answer.

I think you have an amazing plan. Tweak it more and get the in's and outs tied up. Solidify your plan from beginning to end and execute it. ;)

tbar, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  3. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks greatly for the pixelbay Envato and ESPECIALLY the expired domains suggestions...its going to take a but more time to find an a right expired domain dealing with my passion of computers and technology as its extremely lucrative niche but rewards well.

Belenthrow, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  4. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Oh wow...that's interesting to know about Pinterest(that's not good)....I need to target canvas to social networks that directly deal with computer solutions and tech gadgets.

Belenthrow, Jan 14, 2020 IP