1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Life without Google!

Discussion in 'Google' started by marktravellinks, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Prof.stan

Prof.stan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys google is profit making agency so you can treat them like any other professional organization

Prof.stan, Mar 25, 2018 IP
  2. Sankalp Patil

Sankalp Patil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now it's little late to think what will be life without google because google has not got itself on the top place for search engine. Now Using android mobile google has totally made the peoples life depended on it. And if still google got off from peoples mind for some reason then it will be other better tech. Otherwise now its very hard to people get adapt the life without google.

now life without google means life without android and youtube also. In short people will totally go crazy.

Sankalp Patil, Apr 1, 2018 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. sharmapk752

sharmapk752 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google is a need of everyone who is working online.

sharmapk752, Apr 1, 2018 IP
  4. expels

expels Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Before there was Google, it was Yahoo. Perhaps Yahoo's greatest mistake is not acquiring Google from its founders.

expels, Apr 27, 2018 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Life without Google, Well for a webmaster trying to build backlinks without the worry of getting penalized sounds good to me, Bring back the good old days.

Best Regards

phplduser, May 11, 2018 IP
  6. Sean Gugerty

Sean Gugerty Active Member

Best Answers:
    The day Google gets demolished will be a good day indeed! Total criminal criminals!

Sean Gugerty, May 12, 2018 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    5) No boundary for communication and business

That's why I can communicate with you here and now!

Michael Leng, May 12, 2018 IP
  8. Good Day

Good Day Peon

Best Answers:
    I see it's an old message, and I want to add that nowadays, as well as many other huge technology companies, invest in creating virtual reality and augmented reality. And these technologies are in a same line with artificial intelligence, computer vision and blockchain :)

Good Day, Oct 1, 2019 IP
  9. rothayato

rothayato Peon

Best Answers:
    if you wanna life without google u must go offline ((

rothayato, Oct 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. Anthony Constantinou CWM

Anthony Constantinou CWM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says, everyone will be agreed that “leaving Google is like leaving the internet”. It is absolutely true because Goolge owns part of the physical fiber networks backbone, which connects the regions to each other.

11. Mostfa Smith

Mostfa Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    there is bing and yahoo

Mostfa Smith, Jan 2, 2020 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I took my first (and only) computer programming course in 1965. We input our coding on punch cards and ran huge stacks of punched cards through a big, slow machine. That data was then transferred into the reel-to-reel computers that took up space the size of an average-size house. Those tape reels spun back and forth and gave you your desired results.

Any laptop or desktop computer today can do all that in seconds, lightning fast and with incredibly more power. All that to say: Google could disappear tomorrow and from somewhere else an equal or better product would arise. That's why I love capitalism when the free market is allowed to operate without stifling creativity.

Jim4767, Jan 2, 2020 IP
  13. American Home Classifieds

American Home Classifieds Member

Best Answers:
    Google has come a long way to where they are now today. Google has huge assets, built infrastructure and own software and hardware. Unless, competitor could match that. Time being, it is easier said than done.

14. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    If Google is not a monopoly, then I don't know how to call it. I am not saying it's evil or anything, but monopoly is a concept that doesn't fit into idea of free market.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    verocloud, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Then you don't understand what a monopoly is, Google doesn't have a monopoly on anything, just because they are the most popular doesn't make it a monopoly, they don't have exclusivity, there are many other players in the market.

Definition of monopoly: (an organization or group that has) complete control of something, especially an area of business, so that others have no share.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/monopoly

malky66, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  16. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    What market share do other players possess? Is it meaningful in any way?

Wider definitions for monopolies do exist, like this one, taken from Investopedia: "A monopoly refers to when a company and its product offerings dominate a sector or industry. Monopolies can be considered an extreme result of free-market capitalism in that absent any restriction or restraints, a single company or group becomes large enough to own all or nearly all of the market (goods, supplies, commodities, infrastructure, and assets) for a particular type of product or service."

I am not an economist and I can't judge what really monopoly is. If you have better understanding and definition for current market situation, please let me know.

verocloud, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  17. Sergpop

Sergpop Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that our children, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will use Google. Google is constantly updated and flourishes. So life without Google will not come soon.

Sergpop, Jan 9, 2020 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lest we forget the original poster's question: "Can you imagine the online life without Google?" Yes. Yes, I can. (1) Google is not a monopoly, just the currently biggest player on the field. (2) If Google disappeared tomorrow, free-market entrepreneurs would fill the void rapidly. Bing would immediately expand meteorically. Others would join the battle for supremacy. Products would continue to improve, because the various search engine "customers" (you, me, all of us) would gravitate to the best product.

Jim4767, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  19. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its extra stupid to say, "life without google, go offline..."
    Its also extra stupid to say, "professional google researchers will lose job..."

You did not had emails before google?
    You did not had mobile phones before google?
    You did not had phone messaging before google android?
    You did not had search before google?

Google has merely done one single thing. It took what already existed, and added more to it.

And now you people have become "too much" and "too much" used to these "needless" additions.

There is a major difference in "needing" something,
    and in getting habituated to something "needless"

I only use google search, and I am getting fed up of it too, Bing and Duckduckgo are looking better and better everyday.
    Results are almost of same quality, except that Bing and DuckDuckgo are updating their search results more often than google.

I can very well do without gmail.
    Heck, only reason I use gmail is because their stupid spam system will bounce regular non-spammy "reply" emails sent to their gmail user...
    It was "their" gmail user who sent an email to my email@mydomain
    and I replied
    and gmail is bouncing that email...

These bloody gmail systems are locking "me" out of "my" own account because I travelled and now I am connecting from a different IP, may be from a different system as well...
    Complete their phone verification checks before I can login...

I made a strong password, I gave it to you to store it.
    Now when I type that password, log me in, not lock me out you MC BC...

How lame must be that person who came up with this concept,
    If the user knows correct password, then do not log them in...
    This person deserves a nobel prize!

Don't worry, I am "100%" sure, google will kill itself, and will kill itself within next 20 years, "100% guaranteed"!

JEET, Jan 9, 2020 IP
  20. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    The question is hypothetical, so the answer should be hypothetical as well. That's correct. The perception of reality, for each of us, is little different.

+

Bing seems to be updating results faster, that I noticed also.

+

They have to improve that SPAM system, it even has problems passing emails from IPv6 addresses.

verocloud, Jan 10, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.