1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scraped Content Denial Question

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by QuantumSeo, Dec 26, 2019.

Hey everyone, have been with AdSense for over 10 years, displaying ads on many sites over that time. AdSense would approve almost any site up until about a year ago, when they started requiring each site be submitted and approved to display ads on the same account.

For the most part, my sites get approved, but running into more of an issue recently, with some sites getting denied with the reason they state being "Scraped Content". The current site in question has 12x 500+ word unique articles, none of which are scrapped from another site. Any idea what could be triggering the scraped content denial?

I use an RSS feed on a few of my sites in the same niche, with the feed source being the same. Could this be an issue? Or the About Us page being the same on a few of my sites? There is a chance a featured image or two was one from google images but doubt a copied image or two would be the issue. Alot of the shutter stock images I have can be found indexed in google images used by other sites.

Any help would be great. Can PM me for the URL of the site.

QuantumSeo, Dec 26, 2019 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What is the URL?

Agent000, Dec 26, 2019 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its not the images. That would raise a copyright issue, not scraped content.

I think it could be that RSS feed you are using, which you are parsing and displaying on your website.
    Most RSS providers do not allow other websites to display their content, neither in full nor partial.
    Those RSS feeds are provided for people using RSS readers, not as raw material for displaying on other websites...

Also, check your articles with copyscape to be sure that they are unique content...

JEET, Dec 26, 2019 IP
  4. QuantumSeo

QuantumSeo Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the URL to the blog(click link): website.com

The RSS feed I believe is a public RSS feed. This is the source: (https://www.businessinsurance.com/section/rss-feeds). I am displaying it using the RSS feed reader WordPress widget.
    Copyscape is clean, showing no results. I re-submitted removing the RSS widget, and denied overnight for "Scraped Content"

QuantumSeo, Dec 26, 2019 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Having a plugin for wordpress does not makes it legal...
    Like I said, each website has its own terms of use, and the one you are using is prohibiting redistribution of data found via their RSS.
    Here are their terms of use: https://www.businessinsurance.com/article/99999999/PAGES/610
    (Only for RSS readers, not for publication)

I don't use adsense anymore, so am not 100% sure about their rules, but if they are rejecting your website, then do not submit immediately.
    Wait a couple of days, then try.

JEET, Dec 27, 2019 IP