1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is tagging posts in wordpress good for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ketanco, Dec 19, 2019.

Should we tag our posts in wordpress for better SEO?
    The thing is sometimes i dont remember the same tag that I should remember for a post and then the user will think that post is missing from that tag...
    are categories not much better way to group, as long as we use them in permalink of the post?

ketanco, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  2. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I mostly forgo tags these days. I think the only SEO "advantage" they give you is that you have additional pages to index (i.e. the tag archives). However, depending on the site, that is not always the best idea. Also, I don't know about you, but the only time I use tags as a user is when I am on an ecommerce site. I can't remember the last time I clicked on a tag on a blog. So, I would argue that the user benefit is also minimal. As a consequence, I usually stick with categories.

nshep, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  3. Barb Davids

Barb Davids Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe there is an advantage to them outside of potentially user experience. Handy for users if they want to see more posts related to that tag, but you could use categories, or suggested content at the end of the post.

Tags for SEO don't say a lot to Google. The content does.

And yep, it creates pages but it's messy. I hide them from indexing because I don't want people to land on page whatever. I'd much rather optimize a particular page.

Barb Davids, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  4. innateseo

innateseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would avoid it as it will add extra, weak pages to your website.

If you do use it, make sure to utilize canonical tags.

innateseo, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  5. kadam

kadam Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Don’t ignore categories and tags) If you don’t use categories and tags on your website, users will find it difficult to search posts on your site. It also affects the performance of such web pages and you may get low placement in search engine results.

kadam, Dec 25, 2019 IP
  6. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tags are good if you want to target specific names/tags to your blog article but they aren't that relevant.

Private Loader, Dec 25, 2019 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tagging post in seo helps your content be index in related target keyword phrases and this purpose is to widen the influence of your blog post.

KylieSweet, Dec 26, 2019 IP