1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites load fine in IE, slow in Chrome & FF

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Dec 6, 2019.

Is anyone experiencing the same? Some sites (not just mine, any) load lightning fast in IE, the same sites sometimes load fast, sometimes slow, sometimes won't load or load half way and stop.

I did a quick search and sure enough some are seeing the same, nobody exactly knows why it's happening.

Any ideas?

PS Some are pushing conspiracy theories, which is definitely a crock.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    qwikad.com, Dec 6, 2019 IP
  2. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    >> #1 Is anyone experiencing the same? Some sites (not just mine, any) load lightning fast in IE, the same sites sometimes load fast, sometimes slow, sometimes won't load or load half way and stop.

It is possible to identify exact cause only after a thorough check with the original websites.
    You may provide one of the sample links in question.

Possibilities:

1. The hosted servers are not stable and would be sluggish due to intermittent load spikes on the server, cause the website to be slow.
    2. An outdated browsers can cause such issues, the solutions is to update the browser.
    3. Any unsupported website plugins can also cause incompatibilities with browsers, solutions is to update the web browser.
    4. If this happens within your ISP or your local machine only , then you may need to check the internet connectivity and speed as well.
    Or else you may try from different ISP's connection or from a different machine.

For analyzing the website speed and the code of the problematic websites, you may use the following links below.
    developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
    tools.pingdom.com/
    gtmetrix.com/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    tuxandrew, Dec 7, 2019 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use a very default installations for both those browsers, barely any extension loaded, and sites are opening fine for me.

Have you loaded any extensions recently?

JEET, Dec 20, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What's interesting is yesterday I returned Chrome to the default settings and it seems like the issue (at least for Chrome) went away. I guess something was interfering with the loading speed. I did install several extensions but they all look legit, shouldn't interfere with anything.

qwikad.com, Dec 20, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Extensions could be legit, but could still interfere. Like a download manager, which tries to connect to its own server first, for community sharing reasons or reporting reasons etc.
    May be that server of some extension is down, which is causing the delay...

JEET, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  6. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup,some times legit browser extension may caused adverse effects, which slow down the websites sites from loading as well.
    Earlier, very long back I faced issues with Firefox after installing some extensions. Finally I removed them.

tuxandrew, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  7. raj p

raj p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make sure your windows fully updated. Clear the cache and load chrome. Check task manager and monitor CPU and RAM usage you will see what background process slowing it down. Third check hanged duplicate processes.

raj p, Dec 20, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.