1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Google Sites Alternatives?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019.

Hi.
    Is there any service out there similar to Google Sites? That lets you create the site and publish it free on their domain? I know wordpress does similar - but are there any other old or innovative platforms such as these that follow this concept? I would love to take advantage of any one that is legitimate of course and like I said, free. Thank you. They don't have to be pretty either. Just functional for what I need. Backlinks, content/site development, and promotion. (used to be geocities I think it was called, was one on them) - not sure if that is still around - was owned by yahoo.

davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  2. harsimarriar96

harsimarriar96 Member

Best Answers:
    I think webflow or wix would help to fulfil what you need.

harsimarriar96, Nov 23, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  3. WebPeer

WebPeer Peon

Best Answers:
    Geocities died with the dinosaurs, sorry.

Have a look at weebly. Has 500MB of disk space free.

WebPeer, Dec 15, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Geocities been gone for years and years. Tripod & Angelfire still around, but their ads ruin the webpages and piss off the visitors.

mmerlinn, Dec 16, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  5. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Weebly is free website builder can do customization.

tuxandrew, Dec 16, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  6. Eddie911

Eddie911 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wix, Wordpress, Blogger or any other web 2.0 for that matter.

Eddie911, Dec 17, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  7. seoninja121

seoninja121 Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of web 2.0 sites:
    Jimdo
    Wix
    Sitew.us
    Doodlekit
    Smore

seoninja121, Dec 18, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  8. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I created a website using Weebly for an E-commerce Essentials class that I had elected to take toward completing the satisfaction of requirements for my earned Associate Degree. The college professor made us use Weebly platform for participation in the class because it was a free website building option. However, the free trial only lasted like a week. After that point, when the free trial period had ended, I had to take screenshots of my produced website and send them to professor for her to verify that I indeed had completed the website project for the class. Weebly would not let me share directly what I had created with others. From this experience of mine with using the platform Weebly to me seemed to not be a viable option for me personally because their platform is used to create e-stores/e-commerce sites. I am not selling anything. Plus, whatever I create on the platform will not be published until I choose to pay for the Weebly service. My website creation on Weebly was beautiful though, don't get me wrong. I still have access to it but, for now, my Weebly creation will continue to remain unviewed by anyone. FYI - I did wind up with an "A" in the course that I used Weebly for!
    Thank you for your reply! I had to look up what web 2.0 means, lol. I can understand the concept a bit better now. Although, interactivity is not needed much for what I intend on publishing online.
    Static website content is fine with me. Written text is not really something that commands interactivity with the website user. Unless you want interactive links embedded onto your pages. I want the written content to be absorbed, not interacted with. Sales copy is not present in anything I have published yet. I just want people to read my work; they do not have to engage with the content any further than that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    davilama2682, Dec 18, 2019 IP