1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can cause impression loss without rank loss?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Barb Davids, Dec 9, 2019.

In google search console, if you see a keyword that hasn't changed but one or two positions, if any, but lost 30% - 200% impressions, would could you attribute that to?

I thought at first search intent. That perhaps the search volume was lower but it's across multiple phrases in an account I just took over.

What else can cause impression loss without rank loss?

Thanks in advance for any insight you have.
    Cheers!
    Barb

Barb Davids, Dec 9, 2019 IP
  2. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For that keyword did you compare (for say the last 3 months) the "Total Impressions" and "Average Position"? If impressions dropped I guessed position also dropped. Otherwise that particular keyword is getting less traffic during this particular time. That could be the case. If a keyword tool says it gets 500 searches a month, that's an average number. In some months it could get just 200 for instance.

Maybe analyze the particular keyword in keyword research tools e.g. KWfinder, it provides a "Trend" graph.

jacksarlo, Dec 18, 2019 IP
    Barb Davids likes this.
  3. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It can be that your niche is seasonal and just do better at other times than this.
    It can be that your keywords where fads and have lost people's interest.
    It can also be that you have lost ranking on the SERPs in a country that you haven't been tracking.

I can't think of anything else that could cause your situation. :(

IMDaniel, Dec 28, 2019 IP
    Barb Davids likes this.
  4. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Multiple reasons can be responsible for this, some of the most logical ones are as follows:
    - Your keywords are outdated or the competition is using more effective keywords
    - Your website isn't completely optimized or up-to-date
    - Your local SEO might be lacking in some areas

Sam Sabir, Mar 18, 2020 IP