1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid being held for money in Paypal

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by macau2009, Nov 29, 2019.

If I use Paypal for dropshipping in Shopify, and Oberlo, and keep giving Paypal the tracking number for each shipment to customer, can I avoid the potential for money being held in Paypal? I am using a personal account. I cannot use a business account as it requires me to have a business license.

Thanks

Carlos Santos

macau2009, Nov 29, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need a business license in order to use business PP? What about the thousands of businesses that are not required to have a business license and CANNOT get one because their government does not require nor issue one?

mmerlinn, Nov 29, 2019 IP
  3. macau2009

macau2009 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I upgrade my personal to a business account in Paypal, I was asked for a business license.

macau2009, Dec 1, 2019 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So that means I could NEVER get a business PP account since I am not required to have a business license. My government offices do not have any way of issuing one to me since they do not issue business licenses to ANYONE.

Hmmm, I guess that also means that I can never buy or sell on DP either since @digitalpoint requires something that is IMPOSSIBLE for me to provide.

No problem, I have lived without needing a PP account this long, I think I can continue to live without one.

mmerlinn, Dec 1, 2019 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Seems strange that PayPal would require a business license in an area that doesn't have business licenses. Have you checked with PayPal to see if it's a requirement for you in your area? Either way, a business account isn't required here to sell things. A PayPal Premier account can be used as well (which is basically a business account for a non-business). PayPal premier or business accounts are the PayPal account types for selling. Personal PayPal accounts are for buying.

Some info about the different types of PayPal accounts: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-PayPal-personal-and-business

digitalpoint, Dec 2, 2019 IP