1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst Site Speed - Woocommerce

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by KattyBalle, Nov 30, 2019.

Hi Guys,

Currently running an ecommerce website and my sites speed is only 3.6 based on Gmetrix. There is opportunity that needs to fix.

1. Add Expires headers
    2. Make fewer HTTP requests

I already installed CDN (maxcdn), wprockets and imagify. My target speed is 1-2 seconds loading time, as i'm currently running PPC campaign. Pretty sure this will affect.

Hope you everyone can share their thoughts and experience.

Thank you!

KattyBalle, Nov 30, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you expect us to diagnose any problems if we cannot see the patient?

mmerlinn, Nov 30, 2019 IP
  3. KattyBalle

KattyBalle Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking it's not allowed to add a website link because i'm a newbie. Here's the domain enjoycanvas.com

thank you @mmerlinn

KattyBalle, Nov 30, 2019 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not as slow as I thought it would be. Looks like it was built with a drag and drop site building software. That's pretty much what you get when you do that. It creates an unimaginable mess.

qwikad.com, Dec 1, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  5. KattyBalle

KattyBalle Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking someone could help me fix these issues:

1. Add Expires headers
    2. Make fewer HTTP requests
    3. Reduce DNS lookups

It's a woocommerce. You can see everything here gtmetrix.com/reports/www.enjoycanvas.com/EkL8N6ab

KattyBalle, Dec 2, 2019 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can't see much there. Half of the page is covered with a mandatory login/register popup and no way am I creating an account just to view the page.

Being woocommerce, unless their app gives you options, you may be stuck with the unreal number of requests, bloated files, and so on.

I know nothing about woocommerce, but there MAY be files that you do not need that can be eliminated. It is just a matter of finding whether you can, then doing it. Good luck there.

Unfortunately, woocommerce is the typical drag and drop where the house is painted BEFORE the house is built. Getting all of that paint to stay up until the house is built requires a massive amount of support code that would never be needed if the house was built, THEN painted.

I don't know how much you know about coding, but if your frustration level with the 'tools' you are using gets high enough, you might be forced to learn. I tried dicking around with such tools for years, fighting them all of the way, and finally bit the bullet and jettisoned all of them. Best thing I ever did.

mmerlinn, Dec 2, 2019 IP
  7. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    The first aid kit is caching plugin, install "Cache enabler" (works with Woocommerce) or other.

And don't be surprised - you have picked the slowest possible software configuration (Wordpress + Woocommerce) for an e-commerce website. It seems to be manageable, but to make it fast you will need to dig deep below Wordpress dashboard anyway.

verocloud, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  8. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't notice you are using a caching plugin already, so there's no simple advise then. For now you can compress images or serve them in WEP format.

That one second should not affect your search rankings, I have a few sites running Woocommerce and they are on top (regionally, not globally).

verocloud, Jan 6, 2020 IP