1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting Written Content/Links on Twitter w/o Graphics

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019.

Hi.
    What to do in this situation? I just really want to share my links and written work on Twitter. I do not want to upload photos/create videos. I just want a steady strategy for me to plug my written content links on twitter. How to draw people in with no visual appeal? Any clues? My work is the written content itself and that is what I like promoting. The work is hosted elsewhere so how can I improve my follow-through on Twitter this way? I am only at 3 followers presently. All the research is my own and I share it for the sake of advancing current human knowledge, understanding and learning. I am using Twitter to get my work out there digitally with the world. At same time promoting myself and managing my online reputation. It is all about expanding my reach with my knowledge at this point. I want to begin it this way.

davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You don't have to have visual content to draw attention to your tweets. Yes, having it helps, but millions of users don't use images yet their tweets are hugely popular. Don't expect to gain followers by simply sending tweets. Find active users (that tweeted in the last few days) that you believe are worth following and start following them (200-300 at a time). After adding 200-300 of active users, wait for a few days. You may gain 10-20 followers. Then unfollow the users that are not following back. Find more active users and start following them. You will gain more followers. Unfollow the ones that are not following back.... Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat.

qwikad.com, Nov 22, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  3. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would strongly suggest finding a way to include visuals in your tweets. All social platforms are becoming more and more visual and you risk being ignored if all your tweets are text only. At least when you are sharing articles, I would always include a featured image in the post and the tweet. If you don't know where to source images, this free service is quite helpful: https://pablo.buffer.com/ You can even pick the appropriate format for Twitter and other social platforms.

nshep, Nov 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Please don't do that.

I get new followers every day, a quick check shows they haven't liked any of my tweets so they definitely don't get a follow back. It's got to the point where I don't even check anymore - they've either liked something and immediately followed in which case I can see both notifications at the same time, or they haven't.

Hold off on promoting yourself.

Get out there and find the people who are either kindred spirits and follow them, or the antithesis of your views.

Examples
    • https://twitter.com/homemadeguitars
      I don't know how he got started but Jeff just quietly goes about his business educating about farming practices and climate change. His followers are there for Abe as much as for his message.
    • https://twitter.com/takedownmras
      This account tracks MRA activity so I don't have to. Somewhere this Aussie has a list of accounts he follows and he's built up his follower count with his brutal take downs. All he has to do is rattle their cages and they retweet him to their followers and people monitoring them discover his account.
    • https://twitter.com/BlairBraverman
      Sometimes using photos & humour can be very effective.
    Once you've built up a following and trust you can start plugging your message. Be creative with hashtags. Look to see which ones are working, make sure they won't be misunderstood or used for a completely different purpose.

sarahk, Nov 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Who has time for that? You're showing accounts that are 6-7 years old and they are not that big follower-wise. I suggested a way to gain followers in a fast and efficient way. Everyone (almost) does that.

qwikad.com, Nov 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com I guess it depends on his goals. He currently has 3 followers. The follow/unfollow technique will get him dumb-as-fuck followers rather than quality. If he wants to promote his ideas and his writing he needs people who will actually read and engage with his tweets. By finding people who tweet on similar topics and engaging with them he's going to get a better class of follower.

sarahk, Nov 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  7. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Isn't it what I said?? "Find active users (that tweeted in the last few days) that you believe are worth following and start following them (200-300 at a time)."

qwikad.com, Nov 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 and sarahk like this.
  8. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, you personally do not follow people back unless they follow you and like one of your tweets also? That is "micromanaging" but defines you as being serious in your Twitter following/management. I had nothing to promote except for my already-written academic works. The promoting of myself came after I had something to say about myself - obtaining my degree. Now on Twitter - I have begun sharing books that I am presently reading, including title, author, and year of publication. I am not trying to sell myself too hard. But, the electronic portfolio provided to me, by software design, is intended to be self-promotional in execution.
    Are worth following people actually people that I might be interested in what they tweet about, or worth while people who are simply trending with their tweets? I retweet things that relate to nature and/or are inspirational. Content vs. Persona. For example, I'd rather follow topical accounts as opposed to peoples' personal Twitter accounts. I have yet to tap into personal face2face marketing of my Twitter feed - those would be people I know personally who are willing to follow me. But, they are not my intended market of engaged readers I wish to push the content to.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    davilama2682, Dec 1, 2019 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Most of my follows are natural - I like a few of their tweets and decide to follow them, I have no expectation that they'd want to follow me. If I bother to check out someone who follows me I expect that they'd have liked a few of my tweets/retweets and then decided to follow me. If they haven't I assume they're bots. I never bother to check back to see if they unfollow me but as my number of followers never seems to change much I figure they must be.

sarahk, Dec 1, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  10. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update: I now have 6 followers on Twitter. :)
    This means interacting with others on the platform. Which is funny because the ones I interact with are not ones that wind up following. It winds up being someone else who saw me interacting with another. Whacky stuff, but it has been noted. :rolleyes: Thanks.

davilama2682, Jan 3, 2021 IP