1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Superfish CSS

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Jim K, Nov 22, 2019.

I am having trouble getting the sub menus to drop down below the main navigation link. They all drop down under the Home link. This is a Drupal website and I am using the NavBar menu style.
    So in the attached screenshot I am hovering over the Membership link but the drop down is under the Home link.
    Here is a link to the site.
    http://www.testserver.cyclonewebdesign.biz

Attached Files:

• menu.jpg
      menu.jpg
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
    Solved! View solution.
    Jim K, Nov 22, 2019 IP
  2. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    perhaps re-download and use the original superfish.css may solve the problem?

hdewantara, Nov 22, 2019 IP
    The LI aren't set to position:relative, so left:0 is the same as the parent UL, not the LI.

Try adding

.sf-menu li { position:relative; }

Code (markup):
    to the CSS.

though really that entire train wreck of how NOT to write HTML, CSS, or JavaScript needs to be junked. The TWO DOZEN separate CSS files making the load time painful, screen media being sent to all, the utter lack of proper semantics, graceful degradation, or responsive design...

Hardly a shock the entire wreck is spitting out 37k of markup for 2.5k of plaintext and ONE content image, not even 5k of code's job. Add in the ridiculous 283k of CSS in 43 files doing the job of probably 24k in one file, and the 693mb in 44 files of "JS for nothing" on a page I'm not even seeing anything to warrant the presence of more than 8k of JS...

Whoever told you this is how websites should be built has saddled you up and taken you for a ride.

Of course given the broken disaster of "eye cans haz teh intarwebs" that is "Cylcone Designs" websites, much less someone trying to use superfish in 2019, this is hardly a surprise. EXACTLY the type of incompetence that gives systems like Drupal a bad name.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    deathshadow, Nov 23, 2019 IP
  4. Jim K

Jim K Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you

Jim K, Nov 23, 2019 IP