1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopify or Woocommerce with Stripe

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Caryl, Sep 21, 2019.

I have an long running (nearly 20 years) ecommerce store that does high 6 figures a year. We've had increasing problems with our self-hosted ecommerce software, and are looking to move to a new platform. I've narrowed it down to woocommerce and shopify. The website has two active blogs with over 300 posts each and good traffic. We're adept at wordpress. The site ranks extremely well for some of our keywords and SE traffic is important. Woocommerce is attractive because it is self-hosted and with very little redirecting I could build the shopping cart around our current shopping cart url structure. If we used shopsite, I would likely maintain the blogs on our current domain and add a new domain mysitenamestore, and redirect the current store urls to the new domain. This splits our current SEO efforts between two sites. I'm guessing I would see a loss in rank for the original site.
    The only reason that shopify is in the running is because it appears to take care of so many things I currently have to do (security, pci compliance, etc), and shopify payments cc rates are pretty good.
    Suggestions?? Thank-you!

Caryl, Sep 21, 2019 IP
  2. mayamisra

mayamisra Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should stick with woo-commerce with stripe as there are many big e-commerce stores powered by woo-commerce and if you still want to transfer your store then take help from any developer or Shopify agency they will help you to transfer all things without losing rank.
    -

mayamisra, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  3. webmasterran

webmasterran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress >> woocommerce the best way to go my friend. With shopify you are going to increase your overheads in terms of monthly billing and other things. Alot of newbies they are on shopify, its not a bad platform, but i prefer using woo-commerce, since its working on wordpress.

webmasterran, Nov 9, 2019 IP
  4. PayOp

PayOp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think there are more developments for Woocommerce now, especially for connecting additional payment methods

PayOp, Nov 15, 2019 IP
  5. RichardMeeks

RichardMeeks Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you're leaning towards woocommerce and I'd agree. Like you said, you're pretty adept with WordPress so i'd stick with what you know and play it safe!

RichardMeeks, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  6. ecommercesoftware

ecommercesoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Not very fan of woocommerce tbh, but I'd stick to it specially bc of the blog posts. You don't want to import them to Shopify. It can be a nightmare

ecommercesoftware, Nov 21, 2019 IP