1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube Monetization Journey from $1/day to $100/day Marketing Channel

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shellyboy911, Jun 5, 2019.

?

How to you make money online?

1. Freelancing

30.0%
  2. Blogging

30.0%
  3. Vlogging

30.0%
  4. Social Media

10.0%
  5. Selling Things

60.0%
  6. Affiliate Marketing

40.0%
  7. Others

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello,

My name is Leon Tran, I've been a DigitalPoint Member for quite some time now and have had successes in some areas (Clickbank top affiliate, ebay powerseller, and built an email list of 20,000 subs).

I like to try different things to make money online.

Currently, my Internet Marketing channel (2750 subs) & finally got monetized back in May 23, 2019: https://www.youtube.com/user/HowToWebmasterCom/

New video update on progress at Day 150:

My channel consists of me providing tutorials on all things relating to internet marketing.
    *ANYONE CAN DO THIS!

Goals for this Youtube journey
    #1 Get to 10,000 Subs
    #2 Make $100/day Youtube Adsense
    #3 *BONUS GOAL. Make another $100/day from Affiliate reviews

How to accomplish these goals?
    Post videos *almost everyday. Keep promoting channel wherever and whenever possible. I don't have a timeframe to complete these goals. But for sure, posting videos consistently is the KEY to SUCCESS!

Subscribe to this thread and follow my youtube journey (Subscribe too :) as I post earning results on video and here about my progress and other ways to make money online.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Thanks for viewing [​IMG]

----PROGRESS UPDATES----------
    Progress Update: Day 20 (June 10, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 7%
    At the moment daily income is $7/day and still getting around 600 views/day. Max income was $12 for 1 day!

Progress Update: Day 37 (June 30, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 8%
    Currently, I'm making about $240/month.
    Stats for last 30 days are pretty steady, no growth in views.
    I've been posting almost everyday, missed some days here and there.
    *Key to focus for next 30 days is to post more videos about how to make money online, since those get the most views.

Progress Update: Day 60 (July 22, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 8.22% - 9%
    Currently, I'm making about $247/month.
    Subscribers #: 1967
    ==> See my channel for update videos!
    Stats for last 30 days are pretty steady, slowly increasing views, subscribers (1967 subs as of today), and watchtime. I'll be posting more journeys and make money online case studies with affiliate marketing. Stay tuned!

Progress Update: Day 90 (August 23, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 12% - 15%
    Currently, I'm making about $364/month which is $12/day average
    Subscribers #: 2202
    WOW! It's been 90 days already on my youtube monetization journey. Currently, I'm 12% - 15% of reaching my goal of $100/day with youtube. Last 30 days, I've made about $12/day average with the highest day reaching almost $20! I've been uploading 1 video every single day (I missed a couple of days) for past 30 days.

Progress Update: Day 120 (September 22, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 15% - 20%
    Currently, I'm making about $15/day with some days $20.
    Subscribers #: 2400
    Notes: I was suspended by youtube for 7 days! The suspension was for a video violation (harmful and dangerous content). It was a video I posted that showed people how to download youtube videos. I got suspended for this! Anyhow, this demotivated me big time! I was going to post about 2 videos per day, but now I'm back to just 1 a day. While suspended, I thought about doing additional journeys (building a niche blogging empire) coming soon!

Progress Update: Day 150 (October 23, 2019)
    Subscribers #: 2750
    Notes: This months revenue results is slightly higher than the previous month. The biggest jump was in subscribers, 350 new subs! Next 30 days goal: I will be testing out a new strategy of uploading 3-5 videos a day. Let's see what happens!

I post video progress updates of my journeys at my youtube channel. Check them out [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    shellyboy911, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  2. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any tips on how to maximize the amount of money you make with YouTube and Google Adsense? I used to make about $5 per day when I first got started, but I made a few changes in my Adsense account and I think my earnings went down after that.

gregdavidson, Jun 22, 2019 IP
  3. shellyboy911

shellyboy911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What were the changes you made in adsense account? That's really weird, I can't see how that affects the views and earnings.

shellyboy911, Jun 22, 2019 IP
  4. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I changed the types of ads that could be shown in my videos. After those changes were implemented my earnings went down. Perhaps the ads that were being shown after that paid less.

gregdavidson, Jun 22, 2019 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just got done watching a few videos... Here are my tips...

• I have no idea who you are. Your audience will connect with YOU first before they connect with your content. Show your face.
    • Pick up the energy. Your delivery is slow and monotone which can make the video boring. Which is a shame because you have good content.

Check out a guy called "TheStradman". He use to make boring videos of car spotting. He managed to get 10 or 20 thousands subscribers with time. Then he actually loosened up and showed he has a personality. His videos now are entertaining and of quality. He has near 2m subscribers.

NetStar, Jun 22, 2019 IP
  6. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the tips. I still have a lot to learn on youtube.

Progress Update: Day 37 (June 30, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 8%
    Currently, I'm making about $240/month.
    Stats for last 30 days are pretty steady, no growth in views.
    I've been posting almost everyday, missed some days here and there.
    *Key to focus for next 30 days is to post more videos about how to make money online, since those get the most views.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
    shellyboy911, Jun 22, 2019 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  7. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Shelliboy911
    I think you are doing a great job. You made over 200 videos in the past one year yet you were able to only get a little over 1300 subscribers. I think you need to improve on that. You are making good content but not many people are watching your videos. Show yourself in your videos and I think this will build confidence in your viewers and more people will subscribe. Keep telling the people to hit the like button and ask questions in the comments section. That is good for the seo. Try to engage with the viewers so they will keep coming back to your channel.

newbie191, Jul 3, 2019 IP
  8. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for the tips. I really appreciate it

Progress Update: Day 60 (June July 22, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 8.22% - 9%
    Currently, I'm making about $247/month.
    Stats for last 30 days are pretty steady, slowly increasing views, subscribers (1967 subs as of today), and watchtime. I'll be posting more journeys and make money online case studies with affiliate marketing. Stay tuned!

Progress Update: Day 90 (August 23, 2019)
    Goal completion of $100/day: 12% - 15%
    Currently, I'm making about $364/month which is $12/day average
    Subscribers #: 2202
    WOW! It's been 90 days already on my youtube monetization journey. Currently, I'm 12% - 15% of reaching my goal of $100/day with youtube. Last 30 days, I've made about $12/day average with the highest day reaching almost $20! I've been uploading 1 video every single day (I missed a couple of days) for past 30 days.

Next 30 days goal: UPLOAD 2 VIDEOS a day! And maybe 3 videos on good days!

shellyboy911, Jul 3, 2019 IP
  9. digitalbrunette

digitalbrunette Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely agree with you on ''show your face''...

Even when sharing my screen I make it a point to have my little webcam in the corner on the bottom right hand side cause it increased engagement and got more people to feel like they could know, like and trust me :)

Sweet! Well done on sticking with your goal... goes to show that consistency does yield results!
    I will be having a look at your channel to see what you are up to. YouTube really helped me build my affiliate marketing business back in the days... need to pick up again and start doing daily videos!

digitalbrunette, Aug 24, 2019 IP
  10. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for the tips and kind words of encouragement. Youtube is definitely a goldmine for traffic, followers, and business growth. Good luck with your channel!

shellyboy911, Aug 24, 2019 IP
  11. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Encouraging thread. Love to know how people are earning through YouTube. Just want to ask, whether a channel on international politics (like analysis of any political issue) can help in earning decent income?

knowledgeherald, Aug 25, 2019 IP
  12. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I made a video on how to find high paying niches on youtube here:

shellyboy911, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  13. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks. Will check in a while.

knowledgeherald, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  14. philipuser

philipuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you a master of Photoshop? It is very difficult for me to edit the video and make clips together.

philipuser, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  15. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use camtasia for video recording and editing.

Progress Update: Day 120 (September 22, 2019)
    Subscribers #: 2400
    Notes: I was suspended by youtube for 7 days! The suspension was for a video violation (harmful and dangerous content). It was a video I posted that showed people how to download youtube videos. I got suspended for this! Anyhow, this demotivated me big time! I was going to post about 2 videos per day, but now I'm back to just 1 a day. While suspended, I thought about doing additional journeys (building a niche blogging empire) coming soon!

I post video progress updates of my journeys at my youtube channel. Check them out [​IMG]

shellyboy911, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  16. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Progress Update: Day 150 (October 22, 2019)
    Subscribers #: 2750
    Notes: This months revenue results is slightly higher than the previous month. The biggest jump was in subscribers, 350 new subs! Next 30 days goal: I will be testing out a new strategy of uploading 3-5 videos a day. Let's see what happens!

shellyboy911, Oct 23, 2019 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  17. monorattlesnake

monorattlesnake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, thank you for sharing your progress! I see you are doing quite well!

In my real life, when I'm not a snake on the internet forums, I'm a video marketing strategist, specializing in YouTube. I took a quick look at your channel and might have some suggestions:
    1) as somebody mentioned before, pick up your energy. If that means having a coffee before you start filming, running 3 laps around your home or drinking an energy drink, do it. The camera takes away a lot of energy and even if we can't see you, we need to hear your enthusiasm. That will also help you with making your videos more snappy and engaging.
    2) instead of thinking how to do 2-3 videos per day, I would focus more on bringing this 1 video a day to higher quality. If needed, feel free to downgrade to 5 videos/week to really bring up their quality. All that niche research is in vain if your video can only keep a person watching for 10 seconds. More watch time = more views
    3) Have you tried creating longer videos? 10min+? Might not be a bad idea to try it and see how your average watch time reacts to it
    4) DO NOT KEYWORD STUFF - i found this at the bottom of your video description: Video Keywords and Tags: #wordpress #seo #webmaster google search console,submit sitemap to google,google webmaster tools,xml sitemap,submit sitemap to google search console,search console,how to submit sitemap,how to submit xml sitemap to google search console,how to submit sitemap to google,how to generate and submit sitemap to google & bing,sitemap,how to submit sitemap in new search console,submit url to google
    There's a place to put tags and the Description is a place to put a description of your video. You could still use tags in your description but you should camouflage them in full sentences. Also might not be a bad idea to shink your Description to only the most important links.

What do you feel you struggle the most on your YouTube path? Let me know if you have any further questions :)

monorattlesnake, Nov 13, 2019 IP
    shellyboy911 likes this.
  18. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for taking the time to provide these tips, I really appreciate it.

I will take your points into considerations

*The struggle/problem... making entertaining marketing tutorial videos for 10+ mins vids.

shellyboy911, Nov 13, 2019 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A+ for consistency. F for listening.

The video content good but you are dry. There's no connection between the audience and yourself. When will you show your face and allow your visitors to get to know you? That's the only way you're going to get a lot of subscribers. Also you have 1 video that received 135k views. Yet you never bothered to make more similar videos.....why not?

NetStar, Nov 14, 2019 IP
  20. shellyboy911

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have 3 videos with over 100K views and I've made many videos in similar topics and in same format (on-screen tutorials). I'm still trying to find out why some videos get big # of views while others don't. Thank you for your feedbacks.

shellyboy911, Nov 15, 2019 IP