1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Disaster that is Hostgator

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Toon-c, Feb 9, 2019.

Hi,

Just a discussion here, ever since Endurance bought Hostgator, it went downhill ..
    The hosting company that was once a go to, for cheap hosting, that worked ok, and with EXCELLENT support , quickly became a very unreliable service, with the worst support a web hosting company can provide ...

I mean you can't even open a ticket now if you have an issue ... you can't even check the status of the ticket ...

For years now, I have been moving any package I had on there to inmotion, siteground, or any other respectable hosting that still cares about clients ...

But couple days ago, a vps went down .. Imagine having one or two important websites down for days with no access to ftp or databases or emails ... and everytime I use the miserable chat system they call support, all they say is that they created a ticket, and an "admin" will look into the issue ... Of course with no results ... You can't even check the status of the ticket ..

I'm posting this, because today, after I contacted chat, and they told me "there is no way to get temporary access to ftp and databases" (so I can get everything and get out of there) , couple chat agents closed the chat on me ... Imagine that !

Is anybody else facing such treatment with hostgator ? I mean seriously what happened there ? I remember 5 or 6 years ago, I was recommending hostgator to people, that's how good they were .. now it's a complete disaster! is this all Endurance doing or what ?

Toon-c, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  2. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many other hosting companies out there that would love your business

dts-net, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    trichnosis, Oct 16, 2019 IP
  4. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yes, ever since endurance bought them they became the worst hosting with the worst support ever ...

and yes I moved everything to siteground.

for dedicated servers I use liquidweb.

Toon-c, Oct 16, 2019 IP
    trichnosis likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know about their other packages (hatchling, baby, shared, etc), but I get an excellent support with my dedicated server. They go above and beyond. Sometimes, I even communicate via my regular email with the Admins, until the issue is resolved. Day or night.

In another thread someone said something about being limited what php version they can use. With the dedicated package I can switch to any php version on a fly. EasyApache4 gives me all kinds of options as well.

qwikad.com, Oct 16, 2019 IP
  6. GlowHost-Sales

GlowHost-Sales Member

Best Answers:
    Your new company experience (in case you decide to move) might be the same, in case you do not learn the reason why you had issues. They could be on the side of your provider as well as on the your side.
    In any case most companies have money back guarantee periods

GlowHost-Sales, Oct 17, 2019 IP