1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello from a Web Phoenix Rising from the Ashes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dirk the Web Phoenix, Oct 15, 2019.

I am totally new here... but not new in this world.

I am a former web developer (from the stone age in the nineties working for NASA mostly) trying to get back into this field.

Dealing with ageism and a flood of new programming languages, systems, frameworks, standards, etc., I have not found an employment yet and maybe never will. In the meantime I have ideas of websites with which I could make money directly, independent of employers, thus to escape old age poverty.

But to deal with monetary issues, weird laws, risks of being ripped by copycats, etc., and to pick the most suitable development route for my projects (e.g. maybe API vs CMS), I am looking for discussion boards where to get good tips from people with suitable experience.

This forum site is one of those I found recommended on the web and which, upon a brief glance, seemed to cover much of the spectrum of the issues I must solve. Hence my jumping aboard.

I think, I will probably best write my first issues-addressing post in the General forum to get started: a post on how or where to post questions with which to get my current project off the ground.

Thanks a million to anyone who helps me or others. :)

May we all have a good life (or rest of it). :)

Dirk the Web Phoenix, Oct 15, 2019 IP
  2. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello and welcome :)

jowel, Oct 22, 2019 IP
  3. izlik

izlik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello and welcome to Digital Point! :)

izlik, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  4. PhoenixIM

PhoenixIM Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently joined too, welcome aboard. We both have Phoenix in our screen name lol.

PhoenixIM, Nov 4, 2019 IP
  5. Dirk the Web Phoenix

Dirk the Web Phoenix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my case it's because I am trying to rise from my ashes as a former web developer. ;-)

How about you?

Dirk the Web Phoenix, Nov 8, 2019 IP