1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

marketing through stories

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mahani, Oct 14, 2019.

i was an ad exec for many years, recently i started a storytelling community. im thinking of marrying the two, to create a course: "how to connect with your customers through stories". what do you think is the biggest question about using stories to connect with customers? thank you

mahani, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I too was an ad exec for many years. I wonder if our paths ever crossed? Good advertising is about storytelling.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  3. mahani

mahani Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Spoiltdiva, i was in Malaysia mostly with O&M, JWalter Thompson and McCann Erickson, then in McCann Erickson LA for Straw Hat Pizza. (when we still used cow gum :) Before leaving the industry, I enjoyed working with a small local agency.

There seems a lot out there about brand stories. I'm thinking of focusing on the customer story, and the small business owner/entrepreneur story, where they intersect...maybe im thinking too hard...

mahani, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Short stories with eye catching titles or......you risk losing the fish once it bites down on the hook. But...you know this from your previous experiences. Good luck to you with all and welcome to DP.:)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  5. mahani

mahani Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip!

mahani, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  6. Mike2718

Mike2718 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, the biggest question is to come up with really good stories that can go VIRAL.

Mike2718, Dec 5, 2019 IP