1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need helping building a new website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Savon001, Oct 7, 2019.

Hi im new to web development (an absolute novice really), but i am trying to build a website where people can trade a virtual asset for another virtual asset and i will then be charging them a fee for the transaction. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell where to start with something like this. Again i would really appreciate the help.

Solved! View solution.
    Savon001, Oct 7, 2019 IP
  2. alex_e

alex_e Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you're an absolute novice like you say then it would probably be best to hire a developer to work with you or try and find a premade script and build of it.

If you go about this yourself I would worry about the security of the site / code.

alex_e, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would agree. The type of a website you're trying to build will be virtually impossible to do for a newbie. Either find an existing script or hire a developer.

qwikad.com, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  4. Savon001

Savon001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for answering, i know its a longshot but would you happen to know an affordable developer who can help me?

Savon001, Oct 8, 2019 IP
    alex_e, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  6. Savon001

Savon001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much, i will

Savon001, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  7. ElscottHavoc

ElscottHavoc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you're an absolute novice, please be considerate of the legality behind this.

If I had to guess, this sounds very similar to a cryptocurrency brokerage of which governments and the SEC are cracking down hard.
    Just calling something a virtual asset might not keep the prying eyes of governments off you anymore regardless of where you're based.

ElscottHavoc, Oct 11, 2019 IP
  8. Ruin18

Ruin18 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I started out I found WordPress was a good platform to use. That was 10 years ago though, WordPress has improved dramatically since then but it could still be useful for you if you want to try it? There are also many website builders you could use. 1and1 have a pretty good one to use however, I agree with many of the comments here that the best thing to do would be to work with a professional developer. There is just too much that contributes to running a successful website.

Ruin18, Oct 26, 2019 IP