1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Thread titles disappear from "New Posts" after visiting them

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by qwikad.com, Oct 3, 2019.

When I go to New Posts and click on a thread title, that thread title will not be there if I click on the New Posts button again.

I've also noticed that it only happens to one page threads. Threads that have more than one page do not disappear UNLESS you click on the last page instead of the thread title. Then if you click on the New Posts button again it will be gone from the list.

Is it a feature or a bug?

PS I believe thread titles should just stay in the list after a user visits them.

qwikad.com, Oct 3, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Feature

New posts you haven't read... and if you didn't read the last page then you haven't read the newest post

I like it, I can come in, open a stack of posts in new tabs, go through them, then click new posts and see what I missed on the first scan

sarahk, Oct 3, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And I thought I liked it too until I got distracted a few times and then I couldn't find the threads I wanted to look at.

It would be better to just make the thread titles change to a regular (thin) font and keep them in the list rather than completely removing them from it.

qwikad.com, Oct 3, 2019 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's how XenForo works, but it seems logical to me... if you click on New Posts, I wouldn't want to see a bunch of threads that don't have any new posts to read (for me).

digitalpoint, Oct 4, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Looks like the XenForo people have disabled that feature:

https://xenforo.com/community/whats-new/posts/1316902/

If I click on any thread title in the link above then go to "What's New", then "New Posts", the thread title I clicked on is still there.

To me that's more logical. I want to still be able to see the posts I've visited. Once they are gone - they are gone. I may never find them again (it's a huge forum). The fact that the XenForo team is not a fan of that option supports my point in some way.

qwikad.com, Oct 4, 2019 IP