1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO Dead?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by venkatesh krishna, Sep 23, 2019.

I'm working in the marketing industry for the past 8 years. I have worked with many agencies, and most of them usually suggest to use social media marketing and google ads, because those are low hanging fruit. If you want to position your website for keywords you need to work at least for 6 months to position it.

If you don't have enough knowledge, get SEO training before hiring an SEO agency. Training will give a fair understanding of SEO project timelines, budget & collaboration with other marketing streams such as Social and search ads.

It is a win-win situation for agencies and brands.

Solved! View solution.
    venkatesh krishna, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So what is your question?

sarahk, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well @sarahk I believe he is just increasing post count.

mrb1129, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not dead it's just a mature industry now.

dcristo, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  5. Elisa Martin

Elisa Martin Peon

Best Answers:

Hey- what you exactly want to ask? SEO plays a vital role in generating traffic for the website.

Elisa Martin, Sep 23, 2019 IP
    If the title of your post — "Is SEO Dead?" — is actually a question, the answer is no, it's not dead.

I've been building my nonprofit website for 15 years. I study and learn from genuine SEO experts' writings almost every day. Otherwise, I never would have known to make important, ongoing changes to my website — things like responsive design, the very important change to https, the importance of good title tags (and how to write them), good usage of keywords and their synonyms, techniques to speed up webpage load times, and a whole lot more.

It's just me, an old guy (76). I'm the copywriter, the webmaster, the web designer, the SEO "expert," and the source of 100% of the funding (we're nonprofit and ask for no money). But by buckling down daily to study SEO and implement it on my website, I've gotten up to about 51,000 visitors a month. My point? SEO is not dead. If good, basic SEO can help a non-techie guy like me, it can surely help all of you, many of whom are far more tech-savvy than I am.

Jim4767, Sep 23, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as there is an internet, there will always be an innovative seo for all websites of businesses.

KylieSweet, Sep 24, 2019 IP
  8. GlowHost-Sales

GlowHost-Sales Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead, but it has changed a lot.
    SEO is strategy over the long run so that is normal to start with google ads and some social marketing ads.

GlowHost-Sales, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  9. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd never give up the free traffic I get from Google for any other 'low hanging advertising fruits' :D

A well SEO-ed website is the foundation, you build on top of it.

dojodesign, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  10. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead and It is not going be dead for anytime soon. People are heavily using search engine to search for almost everything dentist to dress and if a business ranks in top they are going to get a business.
    SEO has become tougher and Google is making it hard for spammers to rank and that is the reason, people recommend social media and Adword. But who says social media is easy. Facebook had made organic reach extremely limited. Now will you say, social media marketing is dead?

Even Adword, has become quite expensive and with increasing competition, I am sure It will become costlier.

seocorporation, Oct 1, 2019 IP
  11. nilpotter

nilpotter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Till you alive as well as SEO still alive and to continue. By the way, what is your intention?

nilpotter, Oct 6, 2019 IP
  12. ElscottHavoc

ElscottHavoc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If this post is a prime example of your SEO work, I'm going to have to have you count me out.
    If you create a title that is irrelevant to the content, your SEO involvement should be dead.

ElscottHavoc, Oct 10, 2019 IP
  13. stephenrobes

stephenrobes Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO not changed but its tips and tricks have been updated.

stephenrobes, Oct 13, 2019 IP
  14. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's dead. Google and all other search engines have announced that they are collectively going out of business in January of 2020. They just got tired of making money. So, only two and a half months left of SEO and that's it. Enjoy it while it lasts. Soon, it'll be direct traffic only.

nshep, Oct 14, 2019 IP
  15. ravi8844

ravi8844 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seo is not dead. It's Completely Changed. By Understanding and following the new seo strategies you can rank you sites to top of all your competitors.

ravi8844, Oct 20, 2019 IP
  16. vjvysakh

vjvysakh Member

Best Answers:
    Seo is not dead but its just evolving.

vjvysakh, Oct 28, 2019 IP
  17. YodaNoFear

YodaNoFear Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, and it will not die soon. Other ways for optimizing sites will come but SEO won't die.

YodaNoFear, Dec 30, 2019 IP
  18. gsquarewebtech

gsquarewebtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, SEO is not dead, SEO is ALIVE and well.

It wasn’t too long ago when you looked for online traffic methods, SEO was ALL the rage. In the past, SEO was dubbed as the ultimate method for getting hordes of high-quality, free traffic...

But over the past few years, SEO has become less popular and less of a buzzword.

That’s because many marketers decided to try to “game the system...”

Because of that, the search engines reacted and made the focus stronger on ranking sites based on the quality of content

With that being said, SEO is still a HUGE opportunity for getting traffic.

gsquarewebtech, Jan 1, 2020 IP