1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I Outrank Major Health Blogs?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aytmatov, Sep 6, 2019.

Hey there!
    I'm considering a new website about a disease and its treatment. I've got a nice domain and pdf sources that will help me create content. I've a partner specialized in seo. But my worry is that whatever I do, I won't be able to beat webm, psychcentral etc. Do you think it's a waste of time?

Aytmatov, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need huge chunks of money to invest in SEO, only then you can outrank them. Although you can try outranking them in long tail kw's or some content gap that they have missed. Otherwise, as I said you will need money and a lot of it.

mrb1129, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  3. Aytmatov

Aytmatov Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the answer. I guess it's best to just stay away :)

Aytmatov, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  4. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    After what some call the Google "Medic" update, Google is requiring sites in the medical industry to be well linked and sourced. You might read about EAT. You will need links and posts from known authorities in the field before they will give you the best rankings. And it was challenging enough before all of this, with Google deferring the best rankings to the big money / well linked sites.

Oso Optimized, Sep 8, 2019 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What authority do you have in the world of this disease? Are you a well-known researcher? run a key charity for it's patients? You need to have an edge that will make your site respected and promoted by word of mouth.

sarahk, Sep 8, 2019 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You will not outrank webMD and other professional websites. If you are not a medical professional who can also write well, your time, effort, and money will be wasted. Think about it — why would a web surfer go to your website when all you are doing is offering your readers PDFs, etc., written by others? If I'm sick with a disease, I will go directly to the websites of eminent medical institutions like the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School, Johns Hopkins, etc.

Find a niche in which you are an expert, and write on that.

Jim4767, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hopefully @Aytmatov is such a person in Turkey.

sarahk, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  8. Aytmatov

Aytmatov Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for the comments. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in health. That's a solid point. I am expert in other stuff, which are unprofitable. I guess I'll have to keep looking :)

Aytmatov, Sep 10, 2019 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Major health blogs are already established for so many years and it will be tough to outrank them. You only need to have some reach to some popular influencers in your niche so that you can have some quality exposures to start off.

KylieSweet, Sep 12, 2019 IP
  10. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to attempt this, you definitely need to have your EAT together.

nshep, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  11. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I totally agree with Jim.
    Don't attempt to pick up a niche just for the sake up making money. Find a niche which you are passionate about and work on that. Don't look at the overall size of the market, even you pick up a small niche and dominate or become a big player, you will be quote successful.
    In the health industry, you will be competing against big players ad reputed players ( websites) and It would be impossible to outrank them with few PDFs or rewritten articles. I doubt you will even rank for long tail keywords.

seocorporation, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can get long tail traffic but you won't outrank the major health sites for the big keywords.

dcristo, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  13. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can outrank on longtail Keywords. But the main question is: how much do you need to 'outrank' to get a good ROI? I am doing medical SEO for instance and websites. While I do work against some huge companies and will never be above them in rankings or business deals, I still live comfortably off this.

dojodesign, Sep 27, 2019 IP