1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to begin Digital Advertising.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by reesejm, Sep 6, 2019.

Hi, I'm currently going through college for a Master In Business Administration while taking other digital marketing classes offered by the school. I've talked to quite a few other digital marketers that I've met some online, some in person. Many said to get Google and Bing certifications. I have a Bing Accredited professional and working on Google Adsense and Analytics. The people I've talked to said to begin in an advertising agency and work your way up to contracting for small-medium sized companies. Where would I find an advertising agency to apply for with no previous work background in Advertising, but I do have some in computers. Thanks.

reesejm, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  2. mayamisra

mayamisra Peon

Best Answers:
    No certification needed for starting digital marketing, You can start an internship in any small/medium size company and gather knowledge or you can make any website on your own using WordPress or Wix and start working on that, experiment different things & this way you can learn more about digital marketing.

mayamisra, Sep 26, 2019 IP
  3. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seconded. The best way to learn is to actually do. Build a website and start marketing it. This will expose you to everything digital marketing has to offer. It will also allow you to build a portfolio you can point to when trying to get a job or land freelance clients. It also shows a greate can-do attitude.

nshep, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  4. GlowHost-Sales

GlowHost-Sales Member

Best Answers:
    Be involved in the process and do spend some time in learning things around. I think that is always better to understand the nature of the each process you run. Approach when you pay money to service providers and expect results will not work over the long run.
    But when you understand how everything works that will save lots of your time and money.

GlowHost-Sales, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  5. Mike2718

Mike2718 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try to do an internship first. Try linkedIn or Indeed. Ideally, if you have friends in this industry, they can recommend you to some agancies.
    Another idea is to find meetups and events for advertising professionals and make it a goal to attend them. Then once you have connections, it will help you find a job

Mike2718, Dec 5, 2019 IP
  6. innateseo

innateseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Working for a agency is a good idea, but you have to be pretty good to work for an agency, and they don't exactly hire people with no experience. If anything you need freelance experience first.

Just look at YouTube videos, and read books for the knowledge.

Then look up how to land clients.

innateseo, Dec 9, 2019 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I saw google's course material once, long ago. It was very basic.
    If that certificate is what you are going after, then go for it, otherwise it might not be as useful as you think it would be.
    Its a very basic material...
    I am not sure what was the purpose of google behind giving this certification, but it was not to produce digital marketing professionals.

For experience, you can setup your own website or blog and market that for a while. You can later showoff results of your own website to a job employer.
    That is good enough experience.

To get a job, you can put up a resume on Monster or some other job site, and apply to suggested jobs from there.

JEET, Dec 9, 2019 IP
  8. Nina Perez

Nina Perez Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to learn more about marketing I recommend you to read the blogs at yado.io about marketing on different social media platforms, as well as join their group on Facebook called "Ecommerce Gladiators by Yado.io" where they share tips on niche products as well! Hope this helps.

Nina Perez, Dec 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. raj p

raj p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say become a freelancer. Build great portfolio by taking smaller tasks like for example Hospitality sector you can promote hotels on social media etc, then go step up. This will enhance your skills and also add experience. Furthermore, you should look for hotel groups, lawyers groups, doctors group etc on facebook and promote yourself on those group with the things you are willing to do to market their business. I am pretty sure you will hit few if not more that would like your service. You may not get paid alot but its a start.

raj p, Dec 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A good starting point would be to begin with SEO. The platform is massive enough that it, alone, covers around 70% of
    the Digital Marketing itself.
    The concerned platform includes On-page and Off-page SEO. The on-page SEO revolves around web development area, that is
    website. The off-page SEO revolves around creating backlinks to uplift the website, for a better Google Ranking.

Sam Sabir, Feb 27, 2020 IP
  11. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use the skills that you're learning in your business and marketing classes and market yourself. Sometimes after college you have to go where the job is. See if you can start doing some internships, and definitely complete those 4 years at university. Once you have your degree, keep seeking and applying at ad agencies near you and around your state. And if you desire to work for a major corporation - instead of your own business - make sure you do well on the job, and stay at these jobs for a long period of time.

Randall Magwood, Feb 27, 2020 IP