1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review site please

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Panic!, Sep 20, 2019.

Thankful for any reviews good / bad. I know there is not much on it at the moment but I will add more content soon. katzspace.org

Panic!, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It looks great on my laptop, ipad and cell phone. For some reason I can't scroll to the bottom on my laptop though. The site wants to go back up when I get to the bottom (footer) part.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't use your current graphics for a graphic design site. They are good graphics but they should be used for some other site. I'd use a bit more conservative style and I'd make sure I have an extensive portfolio of my work.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The logo's orange on orange, as well as the "uncategorized" white on light blue text are both far below accessibility minimums. The use of PX metric fonts (13px) is a middle finger to usability and accessibility.

I also think it would look nicer if you used flex to push the footer to the bottom of the screen.

The attempt at being responsive with the resizing of the images is pretty much a useless mess. I would skip scaling and instead make them go into columns, or remove them entirely when there's no room.

Alternative navigation seems to be totally buggered. That's an indication of poor coding under the hood; more specifically a lack of logical document structure.

Popping the bonnet to look at the HTML, well... it's the typical train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build a website I've come to expect from the mental midgetry that is turdpress. A cute toy for making a blog for grandma, and a giant scam if used for anything more than that.

Static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, no proper media targets on the stylesheet LINK (no, "all" doesn't count!), an empty TITLE tag, a viewport META that disables zoom on mobile, gibberish use of numbered headings with a complete lack of logical document structure, aria role BS to try and make up for not using HTML properly, endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless DIV for nothing, JavaScript doing HTML and CSS' flipping job, the train wreck of how NOT to use JavaScript that is jQuery, etc, etc, etc.

I mean seriously this alone:

<body class="home blog custom-background puremag-animated puremag-fadein" id="puremag-site-body" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage">

<div class="puremag-container" id="puremag-header" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://schema.org/WPHeader" role="banner">
    <div class="clearfix" id="puremag-head-content">

<div class="puremag-header-image clearfix">
    Code (markup):
    Is reason to light wordpress on fire and run as fast away from it as humanly possible.

Hardly a shock the result tells users with accessibility needs to go plow themselves, and it's vomiting up 16k of markup to deliver 414 bytes of plaintext and ZERO content images. (aka images that belong in the markup using IMG). That shouldn't even take 3k meaning it is at LEAST five times the code needed to do the job in markup alone. Don't even get me STARTED about the disasters that are the CSS and JavaScript.

But again, that's turdpress for you.

deathshadow, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nice. Another satisfied user. LOL.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  5. Panic!

Panic! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys

Panic!, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  6. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of work is required on the website. When I landed on the home page, felt like landing on a construction site. Miles to go for you. let me once once you finish the home page and other pages so that we can review in terms of design, SEO optimization, usability, speed etc.

seocorporation, Oct 1, 2019 IP