1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

digitalpoint-sphinx-129

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by 1QuickSI, Sep 11, 2019.

Running v1.2.9 and upgraded the server to PHP 7.1.32 Now getting warnings. Any updates of fixes? I'll buy premium again if I have to...

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'Host' in ..../packages/dpsphinxsearch/hooks/admin_index_main3.php on line 47

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'Daemon Uptime' in ..../packages/dpsphinxsearch/hooks/admin_index_main3.php on line 51

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'Queries' in ..../packages/dpsphinxsearch/hooks/admin_index_main3.php on line 51

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'Average Query Time' in ..../packages/dpsphinxsearch/hooks/admin_index_main3.php on line 51

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../packages/dpsphinxsearch/hooks/admin_index_main3.php on line 55

1QuickSI, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that while 7.0 is only about 3 years old it is no longer being supported. The same will likely hold true for 7.1. Fact is 7.2 is now officially listed as a recommended requirement to run Wordpress.

(HELIX3 version 1.9+.....Joomla+........= no problems.)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  3. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    7.1 goes EOL at the start of December.

This warning:

is a bug in Sphinx as where an array gets populated it's not being set up as an empty array first

SpacePhoenix, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  4. 1QuickSI

1QuickSI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am well aware of the PHP life cycle. Unfortunately I am on vBulletin 4.2.5 and for very specific reasons can not change this. This version only supports up to PHP 7.1.x, thus this is where I remain and will need to fix the DP Sphinx add on.

I have since had someone fix the above issue... Now I have this one:
    PHP Warning: Declaration of VW_Search_SearchController::process_keywords_filters($user, $criteria) should be compatible with DPSphinxSearch_CoreSearchController::process_keywords_filters($user, $criteria, $allow_ip_search = false) in ..../packages/vw/search/searchcontroller.php on line 0

Anyone know what needs to be done to remove the warning?

5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you were to upgrade you could potentially suppress or end up breaking stuff, especially add ons. vBulletin 4.2.5. is only compatible with PHP 5.6.x and up to PHP7.1.x.
    Wordpress doesn't absolutley require PHP7.2 and will run fine on PHP7.1x or PHP5.6.x.

P.S. if you just want to get rid of the warning for now, you can use something like this:
    error_reporting(E_ERRORl E_PARSE);

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  6. 1QuickSI

Best Answers:
    I am about fixing things. Suppressing just hides the problem. I acknowledge that the issues at hand are going to be plugins that are not PHP 7.1.x compatible and will be working to correct that problem. Unfortunately my experience with PHP does not lend itself to coding at this level. I was hoping someone here either had that experience or this issue had come up on sites prior (I am sure it has) and they already were able to resolve the issue. Guess I'll just reach out to my developer and let him fix it.

As for vBulletin there is a site that has a patched version that runs on PHP 7.2 as well as the latest alphas. We are going to create a sand box on the server and do some testing as this will surely break the majority of the plugins at some level.

7. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much control do you have on the server configuration? What if your host decides to move the server over to PHP 7.2?

SpacePhoenix, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  8. 1QuickSI

Best Answers:
    This is a private dedicated server. Unless I upgrade it, it does not happen.

1QuickSI, Sep 12, 2019 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It doesn't look like it anything major. Probably fixable in a few minutes, however it's been awhile since I had access to a vBulletin setup, so not really sure if there's a good way to test it on this end.

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2019 IP
  10. 1QuickSI

Best Answers:
    Shawn, I would think this is a PHP 7.1 coding issue. If you want to take a stab at it, I'll offer up my site to test the fix(s) on. Also any idea of this will run the latest 2.3.2 version (I'm running 2.2.10)? or possibly the latest 3.1.1? If not I have a developer and once we fix/update would you want a copy to release as version 1.3? I know VB 4.x is dead but becuase of what my site is/does migrating to v5 or another platform is pretty much a moot point. Thank you for chiming in...

1QuickSI, Nov 22, 2019 IP